Lowering WombleII aka our Bammer..

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Okay I've done a search & read some info.. so please dont flame me to much..

But do I need a full kit or can I just change the suspension springs to A: reduce body roll & B: lower the ride a tad due to the new 17" alloys recently fitted...

so could I get away with a set of these?? http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...seatalhambra&manufacturer=apex&sub_category=1

?? :confused:

BTW I dont want to far with this - Its the family motor used for school runs..:whistle:

You don't need a full kit, and could just lower it with new springs..........

problems are though that the ride may be very bumpy, crashy and the standard shockys may not last as long........

Getting a kit, will make the ride a bit less harsh, the shockys last longer........

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
andythom said:
25mm would be sensible ;)

But 50mm would look cool :D

Very true .................BUT.......

If I was to use 50mm would those be OK with standard shocks, ie would there be enough lenght in them? Is that the right discription... something about upward travel over bumps :confused:

btw I have only found springs not complete springs/shocks for mine on either Venom or anywhere else (Banshee)

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
I don't think travel would be a problem cause the you'd hit the bump stops, I think IIRC its cause the shocks have less room to do the work (-25-50mm less) also I don't know if that also changes the damping itself, I'm sure someone on here will have a better idea than me though.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members