Lsd.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thats good to know. Also I'm not after big power just a good road set up.
I had a Subaru a while ago and at times I do miss the 4wd but not the fuel costs. Hopefully the diff will do the job of the much needed grip. I looked into EVOs and test drove a FX320 EVOIX. The running costs are scary man. Also it felt a bit artificial, fast but it left you think the cars doing most of the driving. It was also odd feeling the power being shifted from wheel to wheel.
You'll learn to love your LCR especially when you done a few choice mods.Where are you based?

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
on another note.... good choice with the lsd. did you order it through jabba as i am thinking about this soon?

Sorry didn't answer this question. Yes the selection fork between 1st and 2nd feel off leaving me with out those gears. So they repaired it and fitted the diff. I also had a clutch and flywheel fitted but unfortunately not there single mass flywheel and sacs clutch. Have a look on there web site. They advertise the Pelaquin diff but the Quaife is cheaper and is highly recommend. Plus I like to buy British!

youngyWHU

Thats good to know. Also I'm not after big power just a good road set up.
I had a Subaru a while ago and at times I do miss the 4wd but not the fuel costs. Hopefully the diff will do the job of the much needed grip. I looked into EVOs and test drove a FX320 EVOIV. The running costs are scary man. Also it felt a bit artificial, fast but it left you think the cars doing most of the driving. It was also odd feeling the power being shifted from wheel to wheel.
You'll learn to love your LCR especially when you done a few choice mods.Where are you based?

Sorry didn't answer this question. Yes the selection fork between 1st and 2nd feel off leaving me with out those gears. So they repaired it and fitted the diff. I also had a clutch and flywheel fitted but unfortunately not there single mass flywheel and sacs clutch. Have a look on there web site. They advertise the Pelaquin diff but the Quaife is cheaper and is highly recommend. Plus I like to buy British!

LOL. I agree on the British front.
Also with the Evo. The ayc takes a lot of getting used to... It's like when you used to skid as a kid, you get to the stage where you know your going to fall, but then all of a sudden everything is normal and you done nothing. LOL. I'm outside kings Lynn. Where about are you? I haven't seen another cupra around here. :cry:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I'm in the Lincoln area so another 2-2 1/2 hour drive Monday morning. I may let the wife go christmas shopping at John Lewis in Peterborough as sweetner.
It's good to hear you feed back on the map. What other mods has your car had?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well I picked my car up this morning and it's been an interesting drive back. So good that I missed my turning and ended up in Boston.
Like Prawn said the Quaife ATB diff is very subtle in operation. There is no harsh locking of the diff. You just find turn in under power is sharper and it pulls you into the apex rather than having to waiting for the grip. As I'm getting used to the diff I'm noticeably getting on the power earlier. You can also take much tighter lines through corners.
I'm looking forward to a few more miles in the car which is also feeling much better for the new clutch. Big thumbs up to Jabbasport for the excellent service, they evan washed my car!
One question though. When exiting slow tight 1st 2nd gear corners. There seems to be something going on between the diff and TC. Coming out of one corner power was cut to the wheels completely. So should I turn off TC?
I could do with a little more power now.If I didn't have to replace the suspension and brakes. I'd be booking in for a remap. Having said that with a rear ARB it'd be nice and pointy.:)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
i miss my prelude mk4 2.2 vtec with LSD it had more than enough grip for a FWD.

A friend had a DC2 integra type R and that thing was amazing, a hell of alot of fun. Preludes are underrated cars and so are the Accord type R's.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Nice one mate! Glad you're happy! Trouble is with people like us we always want more! Hence you want a remap now! Get it soon!
Ak

Yes very happy thanks! Every time you do something to you car and it improves it. Your plans just get bigger don't they.
What happened to your rat project?

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Yes very happy thanks! Every time you do something to you car and it improves it. Your plans just get bigger don't they.
What happened to your rat project?
Still in the pipeline mate and using it as a loan car till spring so at the moment collecting some parts and I have quite a bit already including some fetching passat seats in beige! :wtf:So it is up and coming but what with my cupra going full stage 2 in two weeks and my mark1 Toledo getting a cupra engine all at r tech iv not had much time! Plus my mrs " made" me buy a Golf 5 gti dsg at the weekend to keep her happy! :handbags:
Ak

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Still in the pipeline mate and using it as a loan car till spring so at the moment collecting some parts and I have quite a bit already including some fetching passat seats in beige! :wtf:So it is up and coming but what with my cupra going full stage 2 in two weeks and my mark1 Toledo getting a cupra engine all at r tech iv not had much time! Plus my mrs " made" me buy a Golf 5 gti dsg at the weekend to keep her happy! :handbags:
Ak

You sound like you've got your hands full! You're 'wife' will love the GTI. I can recommend the Morego 250 conversion, power grip and AP 4 pots for it ;). DSG takes a bit of getting used to though. Looking forward to the rating.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Yea the sport mode is nice! Might leave it standard for a bit till I get bored ( not her) be something I hope will be reliable as I'm guessing the cupra might be a bit droney at speed in two weeks time! However didn't even get the thing home before the airbag light came on! Sorted now though! Il let you know soon. Pic going up in my readers ride thread soon!
Ak

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
dude, the benefits of LSD can not be felt with ESP on, i drive with it off almost all the time for this reason

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
What colour is it? Mine was candy White, DSG,monza II's and winter pack. It was a very nice car and fast once remapped.

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Exactly the same except guards red and il bet youres was a 3 door! Mines a 5! Easier with kids! An as for speed mrs ain't a speed freak, till someone passes her! Best part is the chequered seats!
Ak

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Those of you running a tricky diff out there. Have you switched the traction control off?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise