Lux bucket seat creaking

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
Hi, anyone had issues with the back of the bucket seat creaking?

It seems to me the creaking noise is coming from the middle of the seat on the back and might have something to do with the plastic seat back.

Has anyone managed to resolve this, it’s driving me mad!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

MATT RILEY

Oil burner
May 9, 2004
Try cutting some sponge up and wedge it behind the seat back where you think the creak is.

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
I think it’s coming from the middle of the back of the seat if that makes sense? Which would mean I would need to somehow remove the plastic back however not sure how easy it will be to remove it

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
I have the same issue - it's driving me nuts.

I'm just hoping the seat will eventually bed in over time and stop.

It started at around 400 miles, and seems to be happening slightly less now just shy of 1k miles, so I'm hopeful it'll go away altogether eventually.

Dov21

Aug 20, 2012
I have the same issue - it's driving me nuts.

I'm just hoping the seat will eventually bed in over time and stop.

It started at around 400 miles, and seems to be happening slightly less now just shy of 1k miles, so I'm hopeful it'll go away altogether eventually.

ironically it started around 400 miles on my car and got progressively worse, done 1700 miles now and doesn’t appear to be going away. Think I might try and somehow remove the plastic back part of the seat and see if I can figure out where it’s coming from

jack rush

Jan 16, 2019
ironically it started around 400 miles on my car and got progressively worse, done 1700 miles now and doesn’t appear to be going away. Think I might try and somehow remove the plastic back part of the seat and see if I can figure out where it’s coming from

Pay extra for the lux and get the added benefit of creaky seats.

Let me know how you get on if you decide to remove the backs.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise