Lux pack

stressfree

Jul 26, 2018
Sorry for any confusion regarding the winter pack, was told by my local dealer and the broker (broadspeed).
I think we need to ask Scrogg to know for sure.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I think we need to ask Scrogg to know for sure.
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but it clearly shows in the latest price list (linked in the third post of this thread) that it is standard on FR Sport, XCELLENCE, XCELLENCE Lux, CUPRA and CUPRA Lux:

upload_2018-10-31_9-46-35.png

Why do so many retailers/brokers/leasing companies (and customers) find it so difficult to read a brochure/price list?

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
It looks like they’ve updated the price list so the winter pack is not included.

Attachments

• FB755772-C108-4CF0-B743-B7DDA47ACA2A.jpeg
    FB755772-C108-4CF0-B743-B7DDA47ACA2A.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 102

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Thank you for the vote of confidence, but it clearly shows in the latest price list (linked in the third post of this thread) that it is standard on FR Sport, XCELLENCE, XCELLENCE Lux, CUPRA and CUPRA Lux:

View attachment 2513

Why do so many retailers/brokers/leasing companies (and customers) find it so difficult to read a brochure/price list?

Scrogg

With respect, the brochures and spec lists have been wrong a number of times over the past few months.

I don't know whether you have a Week 42 car in yet, but those MY19 built before then using the silver badges have not had the winter pack fitted - I too have a week 41 on route, but as I was promised this had a the winter pack as standard can cancel without penalty.

Can you confirm what the position is please?

Reactions: Kenton

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
I've asked the product team at SEAT to do just that...

I have one price list downloaded on 10th October that shows it as standard on CUPRA, and another one downloaded today (thanks to @stressfree for the heads-up) that contradicts that.

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Scrogg

With respect, the brochures and spec lists have been wrong a number of times over the past few months.

I don't know whether you have a Week 42 car in yet, but those MY19 built before then using the silver badges have not had the winter pack fitted - I too have a week 41 on route, but as I was promised this had a the winter pack as standard can cancel without penalty.

Week 41 ST 4Drive also on route, so following with interest.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...which makes this even more farcical, as I have just found an e-mail from them from August where I asked the exact same question, and they confirmed it is standard from FR Sport upwards! :banghead2

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
...which makes this even more farcical, as I have just found an e-mail from them from August where I asked the exact same question, and they confirmed it is standard from FR Sport upwards! :banghead2
Strange, my dealership dont seem to know anything about it, first I was told I would be getting the winter pack, now I've been told I need Lux to get it.. dont think i'm gonna know until my car arrives in 4 months-.- haha.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Blimey, you’re paying double more than my Cupra 300! Mines £260 for 48 months, and I stupidly fell for the Autoglym life guarantee or whatever that is and the important gap insurance! I don’t actually know a lot about the packs that come with the car tbh, I have heated seats and I think that’s it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£260 for a Cupra300?! What was your deposit? Although I couldn't of specced my Leon FR any higher I'm paying £256 per month!

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...and the exact same person that replied in August confirming it is standard has just replied confirming it isn't.

Unbelievable!

The well-know saying about elbows springs immediately to mind :banghead:

Reactions: beddin90

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
£260 for a Cupra300?! What was your deposit? Although I couldn't of specced my Leon FR any higher I'm paying £256 per month!

Well £264 actually I used my Ibiza as a part ex for £6500, but I added the GAP insurance and the Autoglym life guarantee or whatever it’s called, so would’ve been about £230 Before I added those two just out of curiosity how much do they normally go for on a monthly basis?

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Well £264 actually I used my Ibiza as a part ex for £6500, but I added the GAP insurance and the Autoglym life guarantee or whatever it’s called, so would’ve been about £230 Before I added those two just out of curiosity how much do they normally go for on a monthly basis?

I spoke to the guy I deal with at my dealership today about the price.. He said if you're leasing then the monthly price will usually be lower than PCP due to the terms and conditions with leasing. I've had a ask around and found the 548 p/m im now paying as i've just added Lux pack is somewhere around normal for PCP on a brand new Cupra... I never looked into leasing before.. I've always been PCP, if i knew about leasing before I may have went down that route, I'm self employed though and the glorious thing about PCP is your not superglued to your contract, so if work was to ever dry up, I can quite easily get out. :)

Reactions: cupra300uk

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
...and the exact same person that replied in August confirming it is standard has just replied confirming it isn't.

Unbelievable!

The well-know saying about elbows springs immediately to mind :banghead:

I wish the Lux had the option of keeping the Alcantara seat, but it doesn't so I have to decide whether I want a cold bum in an Alcantara or a nice cosy warm one in Leather!!

My quote from AVC for a Lux is only £10 more than the Standard Cupra - not a bad deal for the Winter Pack, Leather seats (drivers electronic), KESSY, Charging Pad (but my I phone 6s+ doesn't work on it) and the very useful ACC.

Interestingly, the AVC quote online has now increased by nearly £5 per month from what it was yesterday - lucky I have the official quote as that will be honoured.

Scrogg - PM if you like, but what numbers are you quoting on business contract hire on the Lux?

David

Reactions: Vikingboo

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
Have a look on Drive the Deal for some easily achievable prices/ discounts. Also gives an overview of some of the offers SEAT have on at the moment. I think dealers are offering a deposit contribution and/ or 0% finance on PCP deals.

nahid

Nov 5, 2018
Damn I am in the process of ordering a Seat Cupra and was hoping heated seats would be standard for such an expensive car. Kept getting conflicting information from different places. Also wanted adaptive cruise control, but you have to have the lux pack. :no: Lux pack costs another £25 a month for me.

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Damn I am in the process of ordering a Seat Cupra and was hoping heated seats would be standard for such an expensive car. Kept getting conflicting information from different places. Also wanted adaptive cruise control, but you have to have the lux pack. :no: Lux pack costs another £25 a month for me.
Mine was the same, an extra 25 per month over 4 years, I went ahead with it in the end. Heated seats are a must for me, and i do alot of long drives so the ACC is nice aswell!

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
I spoke to the guy I deal with at my dealership today about the price.. He said if you're leasing then the monthly price will usually be lower than PCP due to the terms and conditions with leasing. I've had a ask around and found the 548 p/m im now paying as i've just added Lux pack is somewhere around normal for PCP on a brand new Cupra... I never looked into leasing before.. I've always been PCP, if i knew about leasing before I may have went down that route, I'm self employed though and the glorious thing about PCP is your not superglued to your contract, so if work was to ever dry up, I can quite easily get out. :)

Leasing a cupra isn't as cheap as it used to be,2 years ago I got a cupra 290 Black edition, heated buckets etc for 2400 deposit £131 a month, got a audi s4 for £3000 deposit £280 a month now, can only see me leasing in the future

Vikingboo

Dec 6, 2018
I wish the Lux had the option of keeping the Alcantara seat, but it doesn't so I have to decide whether I want a cold bum in an Alcantara or a nice cosy warm one in Leather!!

My quote from AVC for a Lux is only £10 more than the Standard Cupra - not a bad deal for the Winter Pack, Leather seats (drivers electronic), KESSY, Charging Pad (but my I phone 6s+ doesn't work on it) and the very useful ACC.

Interestingly, the AVC quote online has now increased by nearly £5 per month from what it was yesterday - lucky I have the official quote as that will be honoured.

Scrogg - PM if you like, but what numbers are you quoting on business contract hire on the Lux?

David
Hi David what’s that over ie how many years bcoz That’s who I ordered mine with AVC and I would defo pay a other £10 for the lux

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.