Machine polish gloss black plastic

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Have a Cupra 280. Is it possible to machine polish the swirls out of gloss black plastic? The glossy black plastic on the edge of the doors looks awful in the sunlight because of the swirls...

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
and tail lights too .... they can also be polished if they have swirls/scratches

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
I have a cupra with a sun roof which has a gloss black part at the front. I've had it 2 weeks and it looks like there are water marks maybe under the lacquer. Has anyone had this before and knows how to get the marks out? Will a machine polisher work?

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Have a Cupra 280. Is it possible to machine polish the swirls out of gloss black plastic? The glossy black plastic on the edge of the doors looks awful in the sunlight because of the swirls...

The gloss plastic will polish but I'd use a low cut polish on it then a polish remover to take the white residue away, some thing like car pro eraser. I really need to polish my car as it seems like the dealer has decided to wash it regularly with what I can only think is a grit filled sponge!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.