Mapped LCR..Anybody had problems with rods??

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
Aright guys.

Getting car mapped next month by R tech. I was just wondering whether anybody has suffered problems with rods as there are a few people saying they have been damaged due to the torque figures.

How long have you had the map on your car for??

Apologies if covered before but couldn't seem to find on search really

Last edited:

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
Damn!!!

Iam seriously thinking of keeping it normal now, i can't be dealing with rod replacements etc. Pretty disappointing news really

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
dannyH

I no what you mean, its like pot luck kind a thing. Its just i drive hard and i don't want a car which can't handle it with a map.

Your car mapped mate or standard?

Raks

Feb 4, 2012
Birmingham
Yh few people have said feed the power in.

By that you mean like low/half throttle low revs and then full after that right?

Ive had my LCR only a month after coming from my type r so still getting used to drive it correctly without damaging anything

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
OK i think you might need to chill out a little. These are not typically fragile, brittle cars, they can take a bit of punishment so long as you have a certain amount of mechanical sympathy.

Do not thrash it from cold, make sure the car is up to temp, i.e. give it about 15 mins of driving about before going for much boost or over about 3000rpm (as you should with any car). Always allow the car to idle a minute before shutting down the engine. Don't plant the foot sharply in higher gears, feed it in over a second or two, particularly from low revs. It's not a V-TEC so don't keep it near the redline for prolonged periods of time. Pay attention to any warning lights and fault codes and sort them out as and when they appear.

As said a few times, some folks have had bent/broken rods on mapped cars and an unlucky few have had it on standard cars. Similarly there are many, many mapped LCRs (and other models from all manufacturers) out there with no issues at all. Remember, a lot of what you read on forums is people asking for help with problems, for every one person saying "i got mapped and my rods are damaged" there are likely hundreds of others with mapped cars and no problems.

Disclaimer - If you modify any car to produce more power there is *always* an element of risk involved. If that risk worries you too much then don't modify it. It's your choice.

Reactions: Muttley

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Don't be a faggot ffs it will be fine look how many people have there car mapped and have all been fine mine snapped because of my wot box lasted 4 years of constant abuse and was fine

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
remap and it should be ok. niki at ***** is great and knows whats he is doing, he will also have the cars health in mind.

TheBigGM

VTEC Who????????
Jun 20, 2009
North Wales
nonstophits.co.uk
OK i think you might need to chill out a little. These are not typically fragile, brittle cars, they can take a bit of punishment so long as you have a certain amount of mechanical sympathy.

Do not thrash it from cold, make sure the car is up to temp, i.e. give it about 15 mins of driving about before going for much boost or over about 3000rpm (as you should with any car). Always allow the car to idle a minute before shutting down the engine. Don't plant the foot sharply in higher gears, feed it in over a second or two, particularly from low revs. It's not a V-TEC so don't keep it near the redline for prolonged periods of time. Pay attention to any warning lights and fault codes and sort them out as and when they appear.

As said a few times, some folks have had bent/broken rods on mapped cars and an unlucky few have had it on standard cars. Similarly there are many, many mapped LCRs (and other models from all manufacturers) out there with no issues at all. Remember, a lot of what you read on forums is people asking for help with problems, for every one person saying "i got mapped and my rods are damaged" there are likely hundreds of others with mapped cars and no problems.

Disclaimer - If you modify any car to produce more power there is *always* an element of risk involved. If that risk worries you too much then don't modify it. It's your choice.

Great advice, read this and you won't go wrong.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
keep the boost delivery sensible, non spikey and dont get too greedy on what power you are after and it should be fine.
there are no guarantee's however...

If you go to nick, he will provide a sound map for you

DONT go launch however imho.... Thats asking for breakage

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members