Media System (8.25 inch) - Wireless Carplay

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021
Hi again.

Am I right in thinking the 8.25 inch Media System can't do Wireless Carplay? The manual isn't very clear. I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no' as it doesn't enable you to set up wi-fi hotspots, but haven't been able to find anything affirmative about it online. Have the Leon, 2021, Xcellence (Irish).

As far as I know, in Ireland:

Xcellence = 8.25 infotainment system
Xcellence plus = 10'' buttonless system
FR = 8.25 infotainment system
FR plus = 10'' buttonless system.

Quite happy with the look and operability of the 8.25, but Wireless Carplay would've been lovely.

theknightbg

Jan 26, 2021
From the product guide it looks like

Full Link for Navigation
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- MirrorLink

Is an optional feature for Excellence models. It is standard for Excellence Plus and FR+.
I am an Irish owner too and I was really surprised on a few of the things that were missing on my Leon as well, although I did ask for full specifications.
As far as I know they cannot add those after the car has been purchased. :(

tuathanach

Apr 18, 2021
From the product guide it looks like

Full Link for Navigation
- Android Auto
- Apple CarPlay
- MirrorLink

Is an optional feature for Excellence models. It is standard for Excellence Plus and FR+.
I am an Irish owner too and I was really surprised on a few of the things that were missing on my Leon as well, although I did ask for full specifications.
As far as I know they cannot add those after the car has been purchased. :(
Yeh - I find SEAT in Ireland can make some weird spec choices. For instance, in my xcellence (which I honestly ADORE more than any car I've had to date), the lack of 'side assist', the smaller infotainment system (which I actually like, but is missing some key features that I'd like to have such as Wireless Carplay) etc. is kind of reminiscent of 'paddy spec'! :(

I do have the wired USB carplay, which is grand, but I feel like it would've complemented the wireless charging dock nicely to be able to use wireless carplay. First world problems and all though :cool:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise