Metallic Rattle when I shut the Boot

EmmettFR

Nov 24, 2014
Wiltshire
Has anyone else got a metallic rattle when you shut your boot on a Leon 1M?

I have has the tailgate trim out and found all the clips are metal and not plastic, I removed the trims, removed all the clips, tightened anything bolts to the tailgate and checked for any broken tabs which are rattling around..none....any one got this?

(This isn't really an issue.....I'm trying to get to 15 posts before I can do a more useful post!)

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
Has anyone else got a metallic rattle when you shut your boot on a Leon 1M?

I have has the tailgate trim out and found all the clips are metal and not plastic, I removed the trims, removed all the clips, tightened anything bolts to the tailgate and checked for any broken tabs which are rattling around..none....any one got this?

(This isn't really an issue.....I'm trying to get to 15 posts before I can do a more useful post!)

Yeah mine does it sounds horrible and cheap, so far done the same tightening everything up but no success, next to try is some sound deadening.

matty_fr

Mar 31, 2014
Kent
Yep had the exact same problem. Some of the metal clips had come lose and were just bouncing around in between the trim and tailgate, found them, removed them and now no more horrible noises when I'm travelling on bumpy roads or shutting the boot.

Last edited:

EmmettFR

Nov 24, 2014
Wiltshire
Oh so you had broken bits stuck in the actual tailgate then? I did remove all clips, went around with a torch and magnet and took out a couple bits, couldn't see anymore.....taped up the metal clips with some felt tape which is pretty good at killing rattles...but still got the noises! Ill have a look and flick bits out with a pick/screwdriver!

matty_fr

Mar 31, 2014
Kent
No broken bits, just two of the metal clips had completely detached and that's what was making the noise.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.