MG Wheels on a 6k2 Cordy

Choppa7

As title, can anyone confirm if 16" wheels from an MG ZR would fit a Cordoba, they're 4x100 but not sure on the rest

Cheers

Choppa7

Well from what I gather, they're the right size but et is 10mm too short

So, wheels bought, spacers next on the list whilst the wheels get delivered and painted, then tyres and on

Choppa7

Will do, you'll have to indulge me with some small talk to boost the post count first though lol

...why rich coming from you?

Choppa7

Actually, if you google 'mg hairpin alloys seat' an check out the images, there's a red mk3 Ibiza on the same wheels

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I thought the centre bore on the wheels was different, 56.1 on the ZR wheels where as the cordy is 57mm?

Those ZR wheels on the red ibiza must've been machined, either that or they shaved the hubs :blink:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
The 15in MG alloys fit anyway

Polished-1.jpg

I used 5mm spacers on the front to make room for the caliper, also had to file out the little 1mm lip in the bore but with that they fit no bother.

I eventually went with 20mm hubcentrics on the rear which helped the look too.

Choppa7

CSD16; thats the info I had, that the centgre bore was incorrect. The plan was to machine the spacers down to the right centre so the wheels would fit. 1mm all round shouldnt be too hard.

I had read somewhere that someone had spent an hour per wheel with a flap wheel to increase the bore on the wheels - I'm too lazy for that though lol

I definately cant complain at the price of the wheels though

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I did mine with a dremel, it's just a small ridge on the side that goes on to the hub, about 2mm wide or so and 1mm high.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
If that thing had the turbo diesel in it I'd drive it, I loved mine, only got rid because age was catching up to it.

MaxpowerIreland

Jun 10, 2011
Co. Down
Thanks csd, jus couldnt let the ronals go! great wheel.....
Yep its an '05 td which should be remapped next week to 138bhp wooo..

Last edited:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
They're pretty quick for a diesel though as standard and I imagine there's probably quite a few tweaks can be done to get the power further.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Mmm I'm sure there's maybe info on the tdi club about the rovers, if I find anything while I'm browsing I'll post a link back here.

I found 1st gear was a pointless addition to the rover td too lol

Once every couple of months or so I'd thrash mine up a big hill, getting the revs right up to the red and it would smoke like a mofo then eventually clear itself and run superb for another couple of months.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.