Miles to empty low

Brad93

Jun 27, 2019
Barnsley
Hi everyone hope your all sane with the lock down but I’ve got a problem with my miles to empty on my MDF today I’ve absolutely brim it to the top and it’s only showing 425 mile range now I’ve filled up many times before to the brim and got way in to the 600 range any ideas what could cost a 200 mile difference could it be that it’s different now it’s been remapped because it’s not been brimmed since it’s been mapped but like a say 200 miles range is a big difference thanks in advance lads and lady’s

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's an estimate based on very recent fuel consumption so if recent MPG has been lower than what you'd normally get then that would explain it.

I think it also reverts to a default calculation if the recent data gets beyond a certain age or if there isn't any stored data to go on, such as after the battery has been disconnected.

Reactions: Brad93

Brad93

Jun 27, 2019
Barnsley
Ah right well it as just been toodling too and from the shops recently so that’s minte very well be the reason thanks for that pal I wonder if I reset the average fuel consumption it may go back to normal then was ready to get under and look for leaks lol thanks again

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
What you're seeing sounds normal then. Range is based in current / very recent fuel consumption.

Reactions: Brad93

Brad93

Jun 27, 2019
Barnsley
Nice one mate just before I filled it up I’d just been razzing home from work aswell so yeh definitely sound right mate

Brad93

Jun 27, 2019
Barnsley
What you're seeing sounds normal then. Range is based in current / very recent fuel consumption.
Tell you what mate over last 60 miles I’ve drove like a granny and I’ve gone from 425 mile range to 550 and it’s still going up think I need to lay off the go faster pedal lol