Milltek stolen off car

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
My exhaust was a bit noisy when I started it this morning so had a look round the back and some **** has stolen my Milltek backbox! Looks like they have left the centre section there, not sure how they managed it on a busy road in the middle of the night but oh well..

It must only fit the LCRs so let me know if anyone offers you a cheap one please. No idea how I am going to move the car to get it replaced unfortunately :(

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Cheers Ape. No not really claimable and not worth it with no claims etc. anyway really. I'll probably just have to buy a replacement back box and may have a go fitting it myself.

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
If your exhaust is hanging down just get some wire and tie it up! Itll get you to an exhaust place maybe go to a custom exhaust makers and get a back box made up.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
It's not really hanging but is very noisy with the engine running! Might look into a custom one..the only reason I got it really was because it was cheaper than a new OEM one when that one corroded.

photo.jpg

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
Somebody has physically removed your exhaust whilst the car was parked up? There is no hope for this country, seriously that is ridiculous, what next!?

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
my mate had his catalyst nicked off his van
17.30@ outside his house and a party going on 3 houses up!
he got told by the police that its common because of the size of the cat and the price people are paying for them

Alexlfc

Thats mental, look out for a build thread of someone in your area with a new exhaust haha

swedey21

Most days i drink meths..
Nov 15, 2011
burford
my mate had his catalyst nicked off his van
17.30@ outside his house and a party going on 3 houses up!
he got told by the police that its common because of the size of the cat and the price people are paying for them

My mate also had his cat nicked in towcester the other week off his Shogun..
cut it off with a battery powered jigsaw...
:wtf:

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Yea they usually steal the cat, not the back-box which is the strange thing about it. It's probably much easier to remove the backbox as it's just 1 clamp.

I've got a full Standard LCR exhaust sitting if you need one? Some beer money and its yours!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer, BCM. I am tempted to just go with an OEM box but not sure if I can mate it up to the Milltek non-resonated centre section or if I need to remove that and go full OEM.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Did they damage anything? I mean the back bumper, it takes a lot to remove the bolt from the back-box and then wiggle / hammer the crap out of it to get it off.

Shocking what low lives would do these days.

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I'm not too sure how it attaches at the back. Looks like they have left the front hanger in place but I can't see any kind of attachment towards the back bumper.

Does anyone have a pic of how the exhaust attaches at the back, near the tail-pipe area?

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for all the comments. Does anyone have a picture of how the backbox attaches at the rear of the car? I can't tell if any damage has been done or not. Cheers.

manzfield

Jan 2, 2012
st austell
it doesnt look damaged.. the back box will slide over that get some exhaust paste and a clamp... just hitch it back on the bracket and tighten the clamp job done... easy job... feel gutted for you bud. ****ers!!

kriso

Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
it doesnt look damaged.. the back box will slide over that get some exhaust paste and a clamp... just hitch it back on the bracket and tighten the clamp job done... easy job... feel gutted for you bud. ****ers!!

Yea hopefully that will work, the bit I'm unsure about is the rear clamp as it might have been pulled out with the box. I can't see anything underneath the back of the car where the new box will need to attach to.

What I'm interested in is the bit highlighted in the image below.

Untitled.png