Misfire Cupra BWJ

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Hi Guys,

I started my car last night and had a horrible idle so checked the obd and it came back with 4 error codes:
Multiple misfires
Misfire on cylinder 2
Misfire on cylinder 3
Misfire on cylinder 4

Ive checked and replaced:
Spark plugs
Coil packs (have rer R8 ones but put in the stock ones to cover all bases)
Maf sensor

Checked loom plugs for coil packs.

Nothing seems immediately obvious but I'm a little lost now as I've checked all I can without stripping it down.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and how they dealt with it?

I did have a large collection of water in my cut down engine cover that I poured out, I figured if this has got into the coil housing changing the coils and plugs would have solved it

Any help would be appreciated

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Maybe get the injectors tested next. Places like R-tech do a remove and test service (or you can remove them and send them off yourself).

Reactions: Cupra_Chris

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
I had the car booked in to my local garage on Monday for a couple of bits and they've said they can take a look at the injectors to see what they can find. That's about the last thing I can put it down to I think?

Reactions: Legojon

Elliman98

Aug 22, 2016
I would say it’s very likely the injectors, the filter baskets inside break up causing flow issues through the injector itself and the tips gunk up with soot. I also had this issue (no fault codes however), had mine sent off to R-Tech and they rang me back and said one was completely dead, I had a slight misfire and an occasional pop on idle so never thought one would be past repairable! Very quick turnaround from them too if you do decide to send them off. I’m doubtful the garage will see the filters as they have to be removed

Joe

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
After doing some further checks on Saturday afternoon (pcv and boost hosing) my ocd forced me to turn my dipstick to face the front of the car and it turns out it wasnt seated properly thus causing pressure loss for the oil :confused: safe to say I laughed at myself while the car sat idling happily

Reactions: Legojon
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise