mk1 custard cupra

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
this is my mk1 cupra which ive had for about 2 weeks now, she is standard with full dealer history.

when i got the car it came with a boot full of parts like fmic/indution kit/catch tank/gauges, some of which i will be keeping but most of the stuff is no good to me.

future plans are just some small subtle tasteful mods and a remap.

i have fitted some wind deflectors to the windows at the moment.

Last edited:

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
im going to have a good at drilling and smoothing the airbox tomorrow, pics to come

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
bottom of airbox drilled

took it out for a quick drive, loads more induction noise at low revs and you can hear a little "piissss" when lifting off, nothing OTT

bottom of airbox smoothed

top of airbox smoothed

will take her out tomorrow to see what she is like now the box is smoothed

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
had the 110k service done saturday just gone at the motorist centre in canterbury.

they had a qucik noise round the car and found afew things that need sorting.

o/s outer cv boot has perished
n/s inner/out cv boot is split
rear discs are rusty and pads are on the wear limit
front discs are very worn
both rear springs are very rusty
o/s/r spring broken at the bottom
o/s wishbone bush split
front tires on the wear limit

Hb69

Jul 16, 2011
Kent
Nice, few things to get sorted then! I prefer the pre facelift LC's, maybe I'm biased though!

bangerstox10

May 19, 2016
CANTERBURY
hi any bits you do decide on selling can you let me know as i am in canterbury and am looking at modding my cupra which i bought 2 weeks ago!
thanks Paul

Last edited:

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
hi any bits you do decide on selling can you let me know as i am in canterbury and am looking at modding my cupra which i bought 2 weeks ago!
thanks Paul

im going to be getting rid of the catch tank, induction kit and the fmic, if your intrested let me know

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
so on saturday just gone "the motorist centre" sorted out the n/s cv boots.

i also decided to try and remove the hands free kit for the nokia 3310 that came with the car, i pulled out the OE headunit only to find a fm modulator hidden away, i plugged my phone into it only to find the audio quality on par with a old tape player, now i can see why it was hidden away. then i got bored and left the hands free kit in place....maybe another day when i can be bothered

tsotd

Jan 7, 2013
kent
the other half said it fell on the floor and "just broke"

maybe but someone must of stood on it for it to snap like that

Now £130 lighter in the pocket, auto locksmith came out cut a new key, took the transponder out the old key and put it in the new one

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
looks like a nice project you have there looks more like one shade of yellow than mine does lol just got an lcr mk1. its 50 shades of yellow right now lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.