MK1 Golf TFSI

Aaron87

Nov 19, 2013
This is my kind of thing!!

Looks tight like any modern car engine bay! Although the cam sprockets look VERY close to the chassis!!

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Thanks lads!

The cam sprocket is a good bit away from nthwe chassis, must be the photo.

Picked up an intercooler and some other bits, front engine mount has to be modified even further because of the way the engine is sitting on the other three mounts.

Have to start looking at wiring soon, if anyone knows where to find and wiring diagrams for a Leon Cupra Mk2 BWJ engine, let me know please!

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Cheers Dan, not much progress lately due to work.

Going to order the QPENG plug and play kit to get it going soon!

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Yeah lost all motivation there for a while but I want it on the road for the summer so I have to get the finger out big time!

Following your car on a couple of forums, would love to have similar power when I'm finished with this!

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
QPENG kit arrived today, the loom looks pretty well put together, happy with it so far and it looks like it should be easy to fit.

I am getting the downpipe made up currently and will probably be getting a custom rad and intercooler made.

Picked up a Nakamichi CD-400 head unit in absolute mint condition, came out of a Corrado VR6 showcar, it might as well be new.

Must throw up some more photo's to keep the thread interesting.

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
New stereo.

I wanted one of these for ages, not to flashy for the Mk1 imho and green illumination matches the rest of the dash too.

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
Wow just wow

A mk1 golf with a 240 Tfsi lump is just awesome.

A very healthy power to weight even with stock power.

I no a guy near me who owns Jh pro paint body-shop in Sheffield who has a mk1 golf with a R32 lump in and I'm sure it's cammed and mapped up etc.

Good luck with the rest of the build.

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Long time no update, still not running but have been gathering parts.

I have sent the QPENG kit back to be modified so I can use a 1.8T style pedal instead of a Mk5 pedal, it will save me modding the floor and cutting my carpet.

The ECU will also be updates for the LOBA HPFP that I have fitted along with an RS4 fuel valve.

I've also fitted set of new R8 coils and a new MAF sensor.

Hopefully I'll have the ECU and loom back soon so I can concentrate on getting it running.

I came across an 02J with a newly fitted Peloquin diff at a bargain price so I couldn't leave it behind, I plan on making a hybrid 02J/02S 6 speed box.

Picked up some 3 inch 90 degree bends for the downpipe but they were a bit big so I got some nice tight radius bends from Jetex, got a nice V-band clamp for it too from Chris Tullett exhausts.

I saw one of these turbo outlet flanges on line so I said I'd try it out, it removes the silencer from the turbo and supposedly aids flow, I needed some extra ports for oil pressure sensors so I got a relocation kit from 42Draft Designs.

I have my eye on a nice Momo wheel so I picked up a boss kit for when the time comes, found an original Scirocco 16V lower brace too but will have to modify it to clear the box and downpipe.

That's it for the time being, hopefully have some better updates with decent photos soon.

Last edited:

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Long time since I've been at this but started back at it yesterday, almost have the downpipe sorted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise