MK1 Leon Cupra Factory Badging/Stickers

Pego

Mar 6, 2021
Hi there,

Ive recently acquired a 2003 Leon Cupra 180 and was wondering how they were badged?

I'm pretty sure the Cupra badge on the front grille has been added later and was thinking of trying to get the car to how it would of be, at least cosmetically.

Thanks

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Theres a Cupra badge on the boot drivers side i think and thats it.
I could be wrong lol.

I saw the pix if your car in the introductions thread you did.

Very nice m8 😎

Reactions: Pego

Pego

Mar 6, 2021
Cheers mate. I know its not the newest or most powerful but I absolutely love it.

I was unsure of the badges, I’d seen some with 20v stickers on and wondered if the badge on the rear was for a Cupra R originally? Im pretty sure the grille one is for an R?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
R is a separate badge.
20210306_225621.jpg

As for age, they stopped making em in 2005 so were all driving 'old' cars.

And last but not least. 180hp makes for very lively car and will woop the arse of most modern stuff out there 😄

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
None of them came with a grille badge from the factory so anything you see is going to be an aftermarket addition.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Pego

Mar 6, 2021
Thanks for the help. So its just the grille badge that's added. I know its got R wheels which i like but was unsure on the badging. Just wanted some background as I'm new to SEAT ownership and this community seems the best place to ask.

Well it's a different animal to my Forester Turbo, thats for sure! I'm assuming its running above 180 given its mods but could equally be running less so I'd like to get confirmation.

One thing I would say is that it sounds amazing.

Pego

Mar 6, 2021
N249 Bypass
Full exhaust
High flow tip
Forge 008p
S2000 Air Filter and heat shield
Silicone PCV pipes
Powerflex top mounts
Powerflex Dogbone mount
Uprated Intercooler
Stage 1 tune by PSI
35mm H&R springs
Brembo rear disks and pads

Receipts are present for all of this work and all the usual servicing.

A few other bits and pieces and cosmetic stuff.

Reactions: Rich.T

Pego

Mar 6, 2021
Cheers.

Yeah There are some print outs of 212bhp from around 3 years ago so should be somewhere around there. Not sure on torque though. Having been in it a number of times it definitely has enough ‘poke’.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Cheers.

Yeah There are some print outs of 212bhp from around 3 years ago so should be somewhere around there. Not sure on torque though. Having been in it a number of times it definitely has enough ‘poke’.
Lovely colour too.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
Hi there,

Ive recently acquired a 2003 Leon Cupra 180 and was wondering how they were badged?

I'm pretty sure the Cupra badge on the front grille has been added later and was thinking of trying to get the car to how it would of be, at least cosmetically.

Thanks
I own a Leon FR which comes with two FR badges one on each wing which I have replaced as the original ones had faded considerably particularly the red R with two exact replica ones from Ebay. Also added another FR badge to the front grill which looks pretty cool and adds some sporty class to the front of the car. This one though is not a sticker one but is held on by screws and bolts and needs a special tool to be installed. I strongly recommend the grill badge whether you own the FR model or the Cupra.

FR Cool

Nov 8, 2020
I own a Leon FR which comes with two FR badges one on each wing which I have replaced as the original ones had faded considerably particularly the red R with two exact replica ones from Ebay. Also added another FR badge to the front grill which looks pretty cool and adds some sporty class to the front of the car. This one though is not a sticker one but is held on by screws and bolts and needs a special tool to be installed. I strongly recommend the grill badge whether you own the FR model or the Cupra.