Mk1 Leon Cupra

CCCupra

Jan 7, 2016
Really getting along with this car, I'm normally changing my cars bi monthly but this just seems right. Ive had 200sx's, Supras, Mr2's, BMWs and so on, so I like to think Ive tried a lot of different cars and types of car.

Ill be honest, I've had one Seat before, a low milage, 2005 Ibiza Cupra MK4 (which did have a better interior than this) - and I vowed never to get a Seat again, I definitely didn't get along with that one.

But this leon came up for cheap, and I have always liked the look of them. I needed something quick for work and I ended getting this:

IMG_3209_zpsoy3hocnm.jpg

IMG_3215_zpse9v1qskx.jpg

IMG_3213_zpsohuweigl.jpg

IMG_3216_zpsuvywr3cb.jpg

130k, FSH, in the colour and spec I wanted - and for a very good price.

Ive not owned it long, but I'm already replacing hoses that are worn in the engine bay, just had new top mounts on the front and tracked which has made the handling even better. Thankfully has decent tyres too which makes a nice change (I don't have to swap them out!)

One of the best sounding (speaker wise) cars I've had, despite it only having a kenwood headunit, I'm thinking the door speakers but have been upgraded in the past if I'm honest.

Hope you like my standard run of the mill Leon :happy: (Its also since been fully polished and waxed, with a deep interior clean to boot)

Last edited:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Looks good, the red does look very shiny. Which 200sx did you have? (Ex s14 owner myself)

CCCupra

Jan 7, 2016
It was an s14a, going through two sr20's in the space of 2 months put an end to that though!

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Blimey! Surprised to hear that, normally very reliable, mine was taken on track, generally ragged, had a gt28rs and no issues at all.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

CCCupra

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah, only had breathing mods too, no remap. Oh well, I'm glad to see the back of that financially crippling 2 months haha.

CCCupra

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks guys.

Just had a new n75 valve now and a new secondary air injection pipe due to being leaky.

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site
Looks great 14 years down the road.

I still own my LCR since 2003. I bought a BMW 330 E92 coupe since, and must admit I love the lightweight and explosive Leon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members