Mk1 Leon TDi problems

Pitchshifter

Dec 3, 2015
I have several problems with my 2004 Seat Leon 1.9TDi fr and i'm hoping someone could advise me on how to sort them.

1) I have an engine management light come on each year as the weather gets bad and it always ends up being No3 glow plug problem.

2) the one that is bugging me most at the moment is that my windscreen wipers (front and back) come on and stay on at random.

3) I have a light on for the passenger side airbag. My friend used a scanner on the car and it said '01222 - crash sensor side airbag; passenger side'. I have changed the sensor in front of the seat but the light is still on.

4) My passenger side door lock struggles to lock and sometimes doesn't lock until in re-shut the door.

5) my front two foot wells are always wet. I have sealed the door cards with sealant but no joy.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Hi mate, sorry to hear all your ongoing faults :(
The glow plug fault might have something todo with the harness - I had a #4 glow plug fault so changed all 4 but still had light on, it turned out to be the harness was faulty.
As for the water in the footwells, it might be either the pollen filter surround leaking or the bulkhead grommets.
Not sure about the other faults, sorry

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I'm guessing that the leak into your footwells COULD be getting your wiring wet and causing short circuits and causing all your problems except the door lock. The door lock will need replacing as they are rubbish, all 4 of mine have needed replacing.
You almost certainly have a pollen filter leak, this is mostly due to refitting it incorrectly, but sometimes the car body will leak so take it out check around for cracks in the bay with a torch and refit the pollen filter and cover carefully.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.