MK2 FR TDI DSG (Quick Buyers Advice!)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi Guys
I'm very close to purchasing another Leon FR.
This time however its a DSG, Is there anything that I should be on the lookout for? Items that I should be observing, I've been away from Seat's for a few years now with 350z's but I need something that does the milage, Had a MK2 FR before that did about 60mpg which was crazy.

Expect less in the DSG but any quick advice is appriciated (I would buy revans FR however I need to trade the 350z)

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Dependent on mileage check if it's had a gearbox service £200+ and due every 40k from memory

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Take it for a good drive and try to get a sense for whether it's hunting up and down the gears. Changes up and down should be smooth and its shouldn't really jump up and down the gears unless provoked.
Knock the shifter to the left and you can move up and through the gears manually. Worth a test.
If the cars got flappy paddles these can be used in full manual mode, or also when in standard drive mode. Check they work.
Give the sport mode a quick test also. Under normal conditions the box will want to change up around 2500-3000 rpm, but in s mode it will hold the gears a bit longer.
Generally if kept we'll the dsg is a good gearbox. Mines at 73k now and working fine with no niggles.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
As above the DSG should just be smooth. My Indie DSG oil and filter change is £149, make sures its done every 40k.

The sport mode is good if you're flooring it but driving slowly in sport its very jerky and aggressive shifts. I generally put it in sport just before I know I'm about to do an overtake or approaching lights that are going green, so the car stays in a lower gear to accelerate.

Have you not looked at the petrol FR as well? Still get much better MPG than a 350z. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members