Mk2 leon mirror not unfolding??

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
My mirrors have folded on my car and won't regret open. They won't off the selector inside the car at least anyway. I haven't tried holding key yet but anybody know why?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Mine do it every winter. Stuck for the first time yday. So I've stopped folding them till the warmer weather. Although last year I sprayed silicone lubricant over the insides cause they were opening slow. Seemed to work.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Mine do it every winter. Stuck for the first time yday. So I've stopped folding them till the warmer weather. Although last year I sprayed silicone lubricant over the insides cause they were opening slow. Seemed to work.

How did you get to the inside? Did you just spray it behind the mirror or did you take the mirror out? Is there an optimal way to lubricate them at all?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I took the mirror glass out with a small screwdriver. Sprayed as much of the mechanism as I could see. Then sprayed from the outside through the joints with the mirror folded up.

potter88

Jan 1, 2011
Norwich
My partner accidently folded them as the other one has been hit recently so just held on by tape.

Is it possible that because the other not connected to the mechanism that it won't open because it's confused itself?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members