Mk2 Leon MPG (yawn :D)

Trekkie

Jan 13, 2014
Rochester, Kent
What!?!?!?!?!

I regularly see anywhere between 35 - 40 mpg on the daily commute & I dont drive like a granny lol

most ive had.... on cruise control on the motorway is 57mpg

Well for the past 2 months I have done nothing - literally nothing - but a 1.6 mile trip to work and then 1.6 miles home every day... Top speed of less than 20mph with traffic... haha

I did do one 140 mile trip in a day, cruise set to 60mph and reached 50mpg, so to be fair 26mpg is only due to my very small very poor commute

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
Thanks. I must admit that both those figures were achieved by driving at about 56mph, drafting from a lorry for quite a lot of the journeys. The Kia was showing 74mpg on the trip. But calculating from brimming showed that to be a little optimistic! That was the thirsty and rare 2.0 140bhp model. They are no more economical than the 2.0TDI vag units either.

Ohh I really cba slipstreaming trucks. I'll sit at 70 happily but 56 just takes too long!

Surprisingly I think my mfd readouts are reasonably accurate

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Ohh I really cba slipstreaming trucks. I'll sit at 70 happily but 56 just takes too long!

Surprisingly I think my mfd readouts are reasonably accurate

The Kia trip was almost spot on accurate up to 60mpg, beyond that it just git carried away. It was monstrously dull, but I had to get to Eastbourne and back to Lincoln on one tank, so did not have much choice.

andy550

Jan 10, 2013
Loughborough
The Kia trip was almost spot on accurate up to 60mpg, beyond that it just git carried away. It was monstrously dull, but I had to get to Eastbourne and back to Lincoln on one tank, so did not have much choice.

That's a damn good effort!

LeonDood

Jan 29, 2014
I got 36 out of mine on a long drive (200 miles) the other weekend. Typically I get about 30 on my commute to work if i'm conservative. I drive a 2.0 TFSI.

Thinking of getting a stage 1, anyone know if the MPG averages will change much?

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Hello,

Since I bought my car 2 years ago (and due to the milage I do) I've always kept a log of my range/fill-ups etc... pretty boring, but thought I'd share...

BBDB32D4-C4AB-4E17-AAD3-83A2F9E560A4_zpsxgzepqmo.png

The big dip does seem to have coincided with the stuttering I'm getting from my EGR... so think I'll sort that soon. It does also tie up almost with the trip2 MPG reading on the MFD. I do this manually, the last app I had for it was a bit useless.

Does anyone else track their MPG?
I do, and have done for every car since 2000. I also use the Fuelly app.

Once you've set up a spreadsheet, it doesn't take a lot to keep a record. You just have to write your mileage on your receipt, the spreadsheet works out everything for you.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I got 36 out of mine on a long drive (200 miles) the other weekend. Typically I get about 30 on my commute to work if i'm conservative. I drive a 2.0 TFSI.

Thinking of getting a stage 1, anyone know if the MPG averages will change much?

Sounds similar to what it get out of mine. If you hit the loud pedal a lot expect a dramatic drop in mpg, of you drive carefully you might see a slight rise.

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Jarre was you rolling down a hill to get that ive never heard anyone get 70mpg from a cr170 , i once got 58 but i think it was a one off ,lol

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Jarre was you rolling down a hill to get that ive never heard anyone get 70mpg from a cr170 , i once got 58 but i think it was a one off ,lol

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Haha not quite.

40-50mph (traffic) from Leeds Bradford airport to the a1 then 60 mph from a1 to a19, then 58mph behind a lorry until I got to the Yarm junction :)

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
To be fair I reset my trip on the motorway from hudds to lees and I got 78mpg and then came off at birstall and went 3 mile to Morley and went to 68mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
This has to be one of the most depressing threads I've seen on SCN in years :sleeping:

I averaged 21mpg on a 60 mile round trip on Sunday guys (listening for the sound of people fainting and hitting the floor)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members