Mk3.5 and Hill Hold

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi, I have just place a order for New to me a s/h 19 plate 2.0lt 190 BHP ST Sport DSG and some one has said it has not got Hill hold, from the photos it does not show the Handbrake button and Hill Hold button, but I thought all this year model had the hill hold as standard.

Also I have seen a lot of post that mention 3.5(Mk) O know about Mk3 and of course the Mk4 so what have I missed
Thanks in advance

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I was under the impression that all facelift Leon's had the electronic handbrake and hill hold as part of it.

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yes, brochure says it should be standard on all models of the outgoing Leon now.

DSG models always come with hill hold regardless though.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Ok as I thought it was but I had read this:
1594801748703.png

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
The UG codes refer to the hill hold operated via the ABS unit.

Does the car have UH2 in the list of PR codes? That's the electric parking brake with hill hold.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok as I thought it was but I had read this:
View attachment 16565
The UG codes refer to the hill hold operated via the ABS unit.

Does the car have UH2 in the list of PR codes? That's the electric parking brake with hill hold.
^ What he said. Hill hold in pre-facelift is via the ABS system, the facelift uses a different system linked to the electronic handbrake :) I only know this having had people take a peak using VCDS.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
From my experience the hill hold works in some strange way. Eg..If I'm stopped at the lights, engine off, or engine on, on a hill, hill hold will hold for 1-2 secs when I move from brake to gas pedal (DSG). However if I approach a raised pedestrian crossing, manage to get my front wheels up the incline, but brake to stop, and let go the brake, the car will not hill hold, and I roll back. Might be just me. Oh probably just me, and i misunderstood the hill hold function, it only stops you from rolling backwards, it doesn't hold you rolling forward!

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
I have a July 2018 Leon FR Technology with DSG. It has Electronic Handbrake & Auto Hold. When braking to a stop & removing my foot from the footbrake then AH keeps the brakes applied, regardless of the road being sloped or flat, until I touch the accelerator. If I switch off the engine then the electronic handbrake is applied & AH releases. AH applies all 4 brakes but EHB just the rears. AH is great for manoeuvring on steep drives!

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
From Seat web-site:
Auto Hold function
The Auto Hold function is an extension of the electric parking brake and offers you more convenience and extra safety. Operated via the ABS/ESC hydraulic unit, it stops your car from rolling away accidentally when standing still or setting off. When you brake your car to a standstill position, Auto Hold retains the last-applied braking pressure. You can take your foot off the brake, and all four-wheel brakes will stay on. If the ABS wheel speed sensors detect any rolling, braking force is automatically increased until the car comes to a standstill again. As soon as you press the accelerator and, in the case of manual gearboxes, release the clutch, Auto Hold reduces the braking pressure.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members