Mk3 on the road!

c.r.a.i.g

Pulled up to the lights outside calley uni in Glasgow last night, guess whats sitting next to me? leon MK3 in candy white! I felt like it dwarfed my mk2 leon, seems to be really tall. Also not a looker from behind but the front is good, looks just like a big ibiza IMO.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Good spot. According to the brochures the dimensions of the two models of FR are:

Mk 2. 4309 L x 1768 W x 1449 H

Mk 3. 4271 L x 1816 W x 1444 H

So the new FR is shorter, wider and slightly less tall. I suppose the fact that it is shorter makes it look taller?

Last edited:

knoted

Oct 23, 2012
The rear views of the mk3 will probably make it look more squat. The creases above the tail lights accentuate a wider and higher body.

the dod

Mar 29, 2010
I thought that I had seen it on the M8 between Jct 16 & 17 on Tuesday night, did not realise that it was the new Leon till I seen it in my review mirror and recognised the head LED headligth. I thought it was Astra from behind.

c.r.a.i.g

Yea think it was standard model, it had Spanish plates on it, and a diesel sticker over the fuel cap, yea it was a 5 door. No hidden rear handels, bit of a disappointment and the wiper blades are back to sitting horizontal.

I was going to try snap some pics but though it wouldnt be the brightest thing to do as i was outside the scottish transport police head quarters!! haha

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
No vertical wipers? WTF, it's one of the coolest features on the mk2 :(

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Im not saying its a bad car but with what seat achieved with the mk2 in design,they now seem to have not bothered this time round...shame

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.