Mk3 who's started modifying them?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
as people have its all about individualising and I do it as a hobby cos its fun and I like seeing what other people think about it. its a shame this thread has gone a bit off topic but im sure people have bought a new car once and the standard head unit didn't have an mp3 function so they changed it... that's a modification anything different from how it left the showroom even an air freshener

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
I said to myself and my wife that I wasn't going to touch this car but it's an SE so it sits seriously high so a set of Eibach springs will be making there way onto my car. It rolls about too much for my liking aswell, i'm used to sports suspension that I usually upgrade. This is my first new car but I just can't stand looking back at it in a car park and seeing the huge gap in the arches so it has to be done.. That's all though i need to concentrate more on my Golf's:D

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Why would anyone want to start modifying a Mk3. You would loose the warranty cover on the parts you had modified for starters and probably get into grief should you need any warranty work carried out.

Not if you have ordered the upgrades you want as either a factory upgrade or a upgrade via a dealer.

You only have to look in the SEAT accessories brouchure to see what SEAT themselves offer.

Eibach lowering springs, for example are available as an official accessory.

So you've ordered your new car & told ghe dealer you want it lowering using the eibach's available from the accessories brouchure. Dealer supplied & fitted.

Oh and whioe your at it, seeing as your an official REVO stockist. Remap it please....

Not going to invalidate your warranty is it :whistle:

Last edited:

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
i was thinking about putting a dump valve on mine but not too sure what to do as they sound good but i could see it getting annoying after a while also i ordered the 1.4 turbo petrol so not sure if it would be of any benifit

aslo was thinking about getting a custom exhaust done for it to sound abit nicer but would it be worth doing on the 1.4 ?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
if its got a turbo id say go for it! there should be nothing wrong with the standard valve but an uprated one would be cool. a custom exhaust is beneficial to any car

Jun 15, 2013
Of course factory fitted options do not invalidate warranties and a lot of people buy options when ordering their cars.

Its the aftermarket chav stuff that is a total waste of money.

As for remapping your engine, of course it will stuff your warranty unless its a Seat approved re-map.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
i was thinking about putting a dump valve on mine but not too sure what to do as they sound good but i could see it getting annoying after a while also i ordered the 1.4 turbo petrol so not sure if it would be of any benifit

aslo was thinking about getting a custom exhaust done for it to sound abit nicer but would it be worth doing on the 1.4 ?

Of course factory fitted options do not invalidate warranties and a lot of people buy options when ordering their cars.

Its the aftermarket chav stuff that is a total waste of money.

As for remapping your engine, of course it will stuff your warranty unless its a Seat approved re-map.

Yes go for it, its your car do what makes you happy, I love turbo cars with dump valves
Although as skidpan says some mods may effect your warranty

But as someone mentioned avoid the aftermarket chav stuff that some on here probably remember from their youth, running boards, wire spoke wheels and the bloke who walked in front with a flag and the like ;);)

Your only young once so go for it, plenty of good after market stuff around if you buy wisely and often for better value than the aftermarket stuff your dealer sells

Just avoid going to OTT and making your car look like its just crashed into Halfords shop window

weatherlight

Not sure about the type of stock muffler, but a straight free flow muffler may offer a small reflief to the engine, adding a horse or two. I believe intercooler and intake are integrated in these EA211 engines, so they will be hard to replace

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Modern engines rely on sensors measuring back-pressure in the exhaust system. By removing elements you will lower that back-pressure and without a proper reprogramming the ECU will think something's faulty and in fact it may actually run worse.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members