Mk3 who's started modifying them?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
I know mine isn't a mk3 lol but I was just curious as to who may have modified their mk3, what you have done and any pictures you may have of your pride and joy :)

Jun 15, 2013
Why would anyone want to start modifying a Mk3. You would loose the warranty cover on the parts you had modified for starters and probably get into grief should you need any warranty work carried out.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Why would anyone want to start modifying a Mk3. You would loose the warranty cover on the parts you had modified for starters and probably get into grief should you need any warranty work carried out.

You really hate people that modify there cars first remaps and now this ,thats what people do on here

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Why not? is the question. Maybe you want it quicker or want to be a bit unique on styling or just want to get your hands dirty yeah fair enough you might void the warranty but what if you have the money not to care? I was only curious to see if people have done anything to them yet. It would be interesting to see the power people have managed to get from them ect ect.

alesi27

My other car's a Mustang!
May 2, 2009
Cork, Ireland.
You really hate people that modify there cars first remaps and now this ,thats what people do on here

Assuming everyone on here does it is the same as assuming everyone on here doesn't do it!

:handbags:

And to answer the OP question, I haven't yet, and apart from maybe retrofit front fogs I don't really intend to.

Jun 15, 2013

Carry on modifying your old cars but why spend £16k plus on a new car with a 3 year warranty (or 5 years in my case) and then immediately scupper the warranty by modifying it.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Got under your skin hasn't he pal haha

This guy, Seriously.

Well come on the forum thinks he knows everything and I no it his opinion were all allowed one but its just like moaning about it all causing arguments about it modifications dont lose your warranty some do some dont I lowerd my last car on springs had to have some warrenty work on brakes and suspension as a shock was leaking I told them about springs they wasn't even botherd so come back when you actually know what your talking about

Jun 15, 2013
Owned a car for 39 years now, don't know everything but know a lot more than most of the posters on most forums.

Carry on doing what you want, my views are pretty irrelevant since most of the modification take place on ancient cars that ran out of warranty a decade ago.

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
Well there is lot modifications on new cars on here have look at readers rides and tell me its majority of old car out of warrenty how many seats have you had ? Ive had 5 on my 6th now all bin new modified back in for warrenty work never bin rejected I also had a remapped ibiza cupra 2011 plate blew the engine and they was willing to put a new one in but instead I part ex it in and got a leon

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Each to their own
I don't get why some people spend every weekend polishing the car, when ultimately somewhere down the line it will end up being recycled into bean cars or some such

But I do get modifying a car even a new one, I'm sure you have fitted floor mats maybe mudflaps stuff like thattoyour cars, you have modified it from its original spec, That's what modifying cars is, just some people take it a stage or two further
I think its great especially the thought and energy that go in to some of these cars and the results they achieve
Whilst I would not do much to my mk3 leon

I have modified my 911 and I know quite a few people who have done simular and with 911s they have just bought from the factory
Why, cos they use they for trackdays, some because they wanted something Porsche could not or was not allowed to offer them, so modifying gets them what they want

So if that's your bag, modify away, its your car, your money so do what makes you happy and stuff the naysayers
They would have us all driving around in beige austin allegros
"a cars only needs to get you from a to b" can here them saying it now :)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Owned a car for 39 years now, don't know everything but know a lot more than most of the posters on most forums.

Carry on doing what you want, my views are pretty irrelevant since most of the modification take place on ancient cars that ran out of warranty a decade ago.

If you did know all your say you do, you would know that the tuning industry is huge, and that there are many companies out there who will take your brand new car and modify it and not just bread and butter cars, but high end stuff, Porsche, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Bentley etc etc
They will take your brand new car and modify it to your requirements, often costing more than the car cost in the first place
Most manufacturers even have tie ups with these companies so your warranty remains in force

Try googling things before you make sweeping statements as above to how much smarter than everone else you are, you may learn something, That's the trouble with forums, some people confuse their opinions as fact :)

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
If you did know all your say you do, you would know that the tuning industry is huge, and that there are many companies out there who will take your brand new car and modify it and not just bread and butter cars, but high end stuff, Porsche, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Bentley etc etc
They will take your brand new car and modify it to your requirements, often costing more than the car cost in the first place
Most manufacturers even have tie ups with these companies so your warranty remains in force

Try googling things before you make sweeping statements as above to how much smarter than everone else you are, you may learn something, That's the trouble with forums, some people confuse their opinions as fact :)

And skidpan here's a few project kahn range rover onyx edition and overfinch rang rover sport
There even companies that modified the range rover more power better suspension and you can buy them from the showroom

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
You'd really hate a friend of mine that has modified an r8 from new. He liked the r8 and has done some mods as he felt like it and that is how it is. Again open your mind up and see that you think a different way then accept it.

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
My old CEO spent £8k on a brand new Panamera Turbo about a week after buying it.

If you have the money...

Karl - 2006 Leon Sport TDI DSG. Soon to be 2013 Leon FR 1.8TSI DSG.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
People like to individualise their cars, what's wrong with that?

We have 2 brand spankers with less than a 1000k miles on ready for stage 1 Revo software, a 1.8TSI and a 2.0CR.

People want it - so we modify our own to let them try before they buy.

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Going off on a tangent here but MJ, is your TSI a DSG or Manual?

Karl - 2006 Leon Sport TDI DSG. Soon to be 2013 Leon FR 1.8TSI DSG.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.