MK4 Ibiza Rear Boot Badge

02williamsonh

Hey! I've taken the badge off my front grille and painted it gloss black.....

I'm also wanting to paint my rear boot badge the same colour....BUT I don't know how to get it off.

Can anyone help?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows how the mirror caps come off?

Thanks!
:)

Wash It!

Feb 21, 2009
Hampshire
Mirror caps just pull off, fold the mirror into the 'safe' position then just tug focusing your effort on the smaller end.

Rear S badge comes out like:

1) Removing the inside boot trim (5 torx if I recall. 1 in the handle, 2 under the lock flap and one behind each light cover) Then tug the f***er really hard. The plastic trim clips (metal tangs) are tough little blighters.
2) Unbolt the mechanism cradle which is 3 bolts.
3) Unbolt the S-flip unit from the cradle, another 3 bolts.
4) Hopefully you can see the end of a metal shaft now in the end of the plastic curve that contains the S. The S pivots around this. Punch it out as gently as you can et voila!

Just take your time and do NOT be afraid to tug hard on the inside boot trim!

When you refit that shaft, grease it up well on the smooth surface as a lack of this is what causes a sticky boot release.
When you refit the plastic trim just make sure all the metal tangs are in place correctly i.e. In the actual boot and not in the plastic.

Good luck!

Last edited:

02williamsonh

Thanks for the time and help! Will give this a try tomorrow and let you know!
:)

MiguelTavares

I got the entire "S" lock from the rear, but I'm not able to get the "S" chrome out... Jeez

Wash It!

Feb 21, 2009
Hampshire
I couldn't see any way of removing the chrome part on it's own either, it seemed all as one part to me.

If anyone could share how it's done, that'd be a great help :) Ta!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi m8 allways wonder'd how 2 get that "S" boot release thingy off(thought it might be a stick on like front) i know mines leon but they all have same boot release!!

Curtiz

Aug 24, 2011
Northern Ireland, Belfast
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm hoping to take my badge off to change its colour and was wondering while its off is there anything I can do to make the badge sit flush with the boot lid when you open the boot? When I pull the S to open the boot, I have to push the bottom of it down to make it sit flush again, otherwise the S stays kinda half open which annoys me. Can I tighten the cable in behind it or something?

mike27

Jun 11, 2014
sheffield
hey Curtiz i know this was a long time ago but did you find a fix to the boot 's' sticking (if you can remember) as Ive started taking mine apart to wrap it in black vinyl and found mines sticking too

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
You sure it isn't just a stiff joint on the pivot point? This happened to mine and I squirted a bit of wd40 and worked it in and it's been fine since