Modification ideas

Jul 2, 2020
Hi all,
On saturday I had my 1.2TSI remapped, ended up getting 139.4bhp with remap and induction kit fitted for a reasonable price.
Apart from a few external mods such as swapping 16s for 17s and possibly bigger pads, I'm just after a few ideas for mods without having a larger exhaust (got to keep the neighbours happy)
Ive heard good things about cutting the first cat out as it still hits limits etc.
Just wondering if any of you guys are running BOVs, larger injectors and/or intercoolers and where you could get them for or a rough price.
Many thanks
Brad

Reactions: ITzadamZz

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
What was your engine's output power from the factory, 90 or 110PS - if it was 90PS then you better sort out some bigger front brakes sharpish, the plan is always to uprate the stopping before uprate the going.

Reactions: Crossthreaded
Jul 2, 2020
What was your engine's output power from the factory, 90 or 110PS - if it was 90PS then you better sort out some bigger front brakes sharpish, the plan is always to uprate the stopping before uprate the going.
110bhp from factory. Ive been looking and getting some better disks and pads anyway as looking at fitting 17s when my tyres wear down some more

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I honesty couldnt tell you bud

Okay, if you have the 256mm discs on the front, the callipers will have FS111 cast into their outer face and there will be no visible anti-rattle spring, if you have the 288mm discs on the front, the callipers will have no markings cast into the outer face but will have a vertical anti-rattle spring on it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members