More PHEV oddities...

andyjj

May 8, 2021
Since the last OTA update, the Infotainment system in my PHEV Xcellence has been behaving a little better, but there still are oddities.
  • The satnav just totally fails to remember home/favourite/past destinations (It never has)
  • The heated seat controls will appear, but are sometimes non-responsive
  • It occasionally forgets who I am and won't reset
Another issue that has just started today is the car won't unlock with KESSY. It does, however, lock OK

Do any of these issues sound familiar to anyone ?

Reactions: anglebox

Keith Roberts

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same model, had the infotainment issues including the non responsive black screen. Also had issues with KESSY and twice the steering lock failed to disengage and the car wouldn’t start until I got out locked and unlocked the car. Found a work around for the heated seats. Double press on the heater control with both fingers. Same to reduce switch off the heated seats. Using Apple car play sometimes the Spotify doesn’t start but pressing the talk button on the steering wheel and saying play Spotify sorts it out.

The cars a lot better since I had the software update to latest version last year. Very impressed with the car other than that and the PHEV system works well. Averaged over 80mpg over the last six months.

Reactions: Torque69
Sep 18, 2021
Since the last OTA update, the Infotainment system in my PHEV Xcellence has been behaving a little better, but there still are oddities.
  • The satnav just totally fails to remember home/favourite/past destinations (It never has)
  • The heated seat controls will appear, but are sometimes non-responsive
  • It occasionally forgets who I am and won't reset
Another issue that has just started today is the car won't unlock with KESSY. It does, however, lock OK

Do any of these issues sound familiar to anyone ?
What version?
I have the 1803 and I have the same problem with satnav.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I have the same model, had the infotainment issues including the non responsive black screen. Also had issues with KESSY and twice the steering lock failed to disengage and the car wouldn’t start until I got out locked and unlocked the car. Found a work around for the heated seats. Double press on the heater control with both fingers. Same to reduce switch off the heated seats. Using Apple car play sometimes the Spotify doesn’t start but pressing the talk button on the steering wheel and saying play Spotify sorts it out.

The cars a lot better since I had the software update to latest version last year. Very impressed with the car other than that and the PHEV system works well. Averaged over 80mpg over the last six months.
Thanks Keith, v useful info.

Are you charging daily, ie using the plug-in benefits regularly? Wallbox or 13A granny cable?

I'm running an Outlander PHEV which I charge (13A 3 pin socket via granny cable) from empty pretty much on a daily basis and have a Leon FR ST ehybrid with pan roof in desire red on order since early August..

andyjj

May 8, 2021
What version?
I have the 1803 and I have the same problem with satnav.

No, older. 1790

Car is due for an Oil-change service soon. I'm hoping that the dealer will do some updates at the same time - although it sounds as if 1803 won't help :-(

Attachments

• 20211218_124055.jpg
    20211218_124055.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 82

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
CE1300B6-DD74-483C-8B21-7D87532EB0B9.jpeg

I have 1804. The system works mostly OK but I do have occasional issues with KESSY. It seems that the VAG has a group wide issue with KESSY (also affecting Octavia, Golf mk8 and Audi A3). Here in Finland problems with KESSY usually occur when the weather is close to 0 degrees C and its wet. If the weather is dry and well below zero (freezing) it works fine. Opening is the problem. Closing always work. My previous Leon had never issues with KESSY. It worked always fine in similar conditions.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Regarding infotainment remembering settings - my Cupra Leon failed to remember any settings from new (Sept 2021) until the dealer replaced the 'head unit' last month, since then and so far it's been fine. Notably, once the unit had been swapped out, when I logged into the new unit all of the locations saved on my phone via the Connect app uploaded themselves (including HOME) and have stayed put. It had not done that before. The car also now remembers other settings in the Nav, such as showing road signs and the range limits, plus retaining some battery for getting home and learning favourite routes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.