MOT Licence Plate?

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

Ive removed my front plate and move it to the side as a sticker.

Am i going to have problems with the MOT due this month?

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Ive passed plenty police and had no bother on that front before. Should i just mount the front one for the test? (issue having two plates visible ?)

andycupra

status subject to change
depends on the tester... - assuming its the correct size and font. - and reflective as per BS.
does the sticker have the makers details on it and the BD standard? - if it does should not be an issue. if it doesn't, it might be - but would be a strict tester

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
its the correct size, reflective but has no markers on it. If I screw the normal plate on can it be failed for having two plates on it ? im unsure. last resort is to peel it off really.

andycupra

status subject to change
cant see it being a fail for having two plates, they might comment on it.. but they must pass/fail as the car is presented.

Years ago I brought some alloys but two were warped. I sent them back and in the mean time ran two of my old alloys/tyres, the tester commented on the different alloys front to back and hinted a question whether I had changed them due to worn tyres, but was open that they have to test as presented, they cant assume or make presumptions.

might actually be worth simply asking them before hand.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
cant see it being a fail for having two plates, they might comment on it.. but they must pass/fail as the car is presented.

Years ago I brought some alloys but two were warped. I sent them back and in the mean time ran two of my old alloys/tyres, the tester commented on the different alloys front to back and hinted a question whether I had changed them due to worn tyres, but was open that they have to test as presented, they cant assume or make presumptions.

might actually be worth simply asking them before hand.

Thanks for the advice. i will ask when i book. At least one plate must pass! if i have to peel it off fine i can buy another or just not bother if i am going to have bother every year.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.