Mountune for VW group?

ima

Apr 6, 2014
At the moment the golf options don’t keep the warranty which is a shame. I wonder if VW will relent and allow it in the future like Ford do?

KeepRight

May 13, 2019
If able to keep the warranty it would be amazing. What are the rules on for example putting a stage 1 map on a car when it's on PCP?

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
At the moment the golf options don’t keep the warranty which is a shame. I wonder if VW will relent and allow it in the future like Ford do?

Ford barely allow it though. Only on the lowest level of remap which in the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoom 125 only gives you an extra 10/15 or so bhp. If you go for the stage 2 which ups the power to 165bhp, the warranty is voided. Given the fragility of Ford's drive train, the EcoBoom's ability to explode, and Ford's hatred of and tendency to sue customers - even running a standard map is barely possible. Speaking from experience on this one!

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
Ford barely allow it though. Only on the lowest level of remap which in the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoom 125 only gives you an extra 10/15 or so bhp. If you go for the stage 2 which ups the power to 165bhp, the warranty is voided. Given the fragility of Ford's drive train, the EcoBoom's ability to explode, and Ford's hatred of and tendency to sue customers - even running a standard map is barely possible. Speaking from experience on this one!
Did you blow up a Fiesta?

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
If it doesnt keep the warranty its not a big deal imo.

From experience their stuff is overpriced, that's if they ever have it in stock!

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
Did you blow up a Fiesta?

I never managed it in the 7 months I had mine (5 of which were in a courtesy car) but plenty have. I had lots of other issues that meant I wasn't without excitement. Excitement that was almost not possible to contain when Ford sent me several solicitor letters!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Think I'm right in saying newer cars Ford aren't warrantying them hence why Moutune are looking to move into another brand.

Intake is the biggest copy of a R600 I've seen, badge even looks similar.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.