MPI - No thanks!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I once rented a Citroen C3 1.2Vti (82 PS) in Norway, 3 in the car, plus luggage. in Norway there are these single lanes where you cannot overtake, but every 10-15 km, there will be a stretch of perhaps 1 or 2 km stretch when it becomes two lanes, and you can overtake a slow lorry or similar. Well I guess you guys know where I'm going with this story... 1st attempt, long lorry pulls to slow lane, on slight uphill stretch, foot down in 5th increasing speed from ¬70kmh nothing...ok fine...downshift to 4th, revs rise to over 3k rpm, ok..it's moving a bit, but not enough...i barely managed half the lorry, and the lane was closing back to single lane and had to back off and back behind the lorry. I pity the bigger engine cars on behind...next attempt, the car behind alreayd had the indicators on to overtake me...so I let all 3-4 behind go..and decided I had to take the engine to the red line to do it, and finally did. Ahh..how I wish I had my Leon TDI 150 or Ibiza TSI 110 there and then!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Lincolnshire is so like that, only without the crawler lanes. The countryside is quite rolling, even West of the Wolds, so you almost always have limited views ahead.

The KSI (Killed / Seriously Injured) rates in Lincolnshire per head of population are very high every year, and underpowered vehicles only make those figures worse.

Deleted member 103408

The A180? and... Oh the Humber bridge link...and ...struggling now neighbour.

Sorry been tied up.

Louth Bypass, but double checking that it looks like its a 3 lane road.
Certainly there are some new roads in Scunny that are dual carriageway
And the A16 into grimsby is a horrible dual carriageway (Average Speed Camera and lots of lights)

But I do agree in general lots of single carridgeway's with lots of old people who should be not driving cars anymore plus the farmers doing there job causing impatient audi drivers (well that is the twit i saw on the road today from Peterborough) overtaking in bad places.

but a great place to live

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Louth bypass just has crawler lanes on the uphill bits.. That A16 parkway into Grimsby is only 2 lanes as you arrive at traffic lights. Lots of minor accidents on the merge after each set of lights :)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I had a rental Polo once with the 75PS 1.0. It was horrifically slow. Definitely not an engine I'd choose!

However, if you're a young driver with corresponding horrific insurance, perhaps the 1.0 MPI but with the sporty looks of the FR might go down well!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
However, if you're a young driver with corresponding horrific insurance, perhaps the 1.0 MPI but with the sporty looks of the FR might go down well!

Yeah but just like the pre-78 unrestricted sports mopeds, or equally the later 12 hp restricted 125's, it provides plenty of power to get youngsters into trouble, but no surplus to get them out of it.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Oh I agree, but that's just the way the insurance works. The lower output cars are less likely to be involved in an accident, or else the insurance wouldn't be cheaper.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.