Mud Guards

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Traded in an 07 plate Fiesta Zetec S for my FR and the one thing I noticed (and the salesman didn't :) ) was terrible road rash behind the front wheel of the Fiesta.

Much googling later and it seemed to be that there was not a great supply of mud guards for the new FR. I contacted my 3 local dealers and only one got back to me quoting me £170 fully fitted!

Found them online on ebay. Can't post the links as I'm a newbie to this forum but copy and paste these phrases into the ebay search box and it'll take you straight to them.

Genuine Seat Leon 2013 FR Model > Rear Mudflaps 5F0075101B (New Shape)
Genuine SEAT Leon 2013 on (New Shape) Mudflaps 5F0075111

£110 all in with delivery but considering I intend to keep the FR for a good few years and the cost to respray the wings I figured it was a wise investment.

Quick web research on the seller shows they are a Seat dealer in Wales. Cheapest price I could find online and comes in sealed boxes with all the parts and instructions.

Easy to fit, even I could do it and I usually approach any DIY job armed with a claw hammer and not much else :D and looks great on my black FR.

Last edited:

EoinM

They also keep down the spray off the back window nicely too although they are absolutely tiny. You'd barely notice them on the car!

IMG_20140316_162127_zpswzcp5zbt.jpg

IMG_20140316_162152_zpsgch0j0rt.jpg

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Yeah they are tiny but if it stops the road rash I'm happy. Interesting to see them on a white Leon. My dad has the white petrol FR (old man has good taste lol) and wasn't sure about the black mud guards on it. I'll need to show him your pics to see what he thinks.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Traded in an 07 plate Fiesta Zetec S for my FR and the one thing I noticed (and the salesman didn't :) ) was terrible road rash behind the front wheel of the Fiesta.

Much googling later and it seemed to be that there was not a great supply of mud guards for the new FR. I contacted my 3 local dealers and only one got back to me quoting me £170 fully fitted!

Found them online on ebay. Can't post the links as I'm a newbie to this forum but copy and paste these phrases into the ebay search box and it'll take you straight to them.

Genuine Seat Leon 2013 FR Model > Rear Mudflaps 5F0075101B (New Shape)
Genuine SEAT Leon 2013 on (New Shape) Mudflaps 5F0075111

£110 all in with delivery but considering I intend to keep the FR for a good few years and the cost to respray the wings I figured it was a wise investment.

Quick web research on the seller shows they are a Seat dealer in Wales. Cheapest price I could find online and comes in sealed boxes with all the parts and instructions.

Easy to fit, even I could do it and I usually approach any DIY job armed with a claw hammer and not much else :D and looks great on my black FR.

Is there a difference between the fr and se mudflaps? Reason I ask I got my dealer to fit flaps on my se and they were £110 the four.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
Is there a difference between the fr and se mudflaps? Reason I ask I got my dealer to fit flaps on my se and they were £110 the four.

According to the latest price list (out today), the official price for fitted mudflaps is £85 per pair for front and back (that's £6 more than in the last pricelist). So, you did well to get them for £110 - if they're the official flaps. The pricelist doesn't distinguish between SE and FR mudflaps, but it does say they are not suitable for cars with body kits or side skirts.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
According to the latest price list (out today), the official price for fitted mudflaps is £85 per pair for front and back (that's £6 more than in the last pricelist). So, you did well to get them for £110 - if they're the official flaps. The pricelist doesn't distinguish between SE and FR mudflaps, but it does say they are not suitable for cars with body kits or side skirts.

Think they are the official ones!! No logos on them just assume they are. They are very small and neat and if they stop stones being chucked up under the sills ( as happened on my Golf causing a few dents on the underside ) I will be more than happy

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Got my last ones from dealer and fitted them myself think they were about £70 for the four 5 years ago.. Had to take the back wheels off to get the rear ones on which was a bit of a pain and after a heart attack last year my bh and gp have :banned: me from doing any heavy lifting so left it up to dealer this time.:thumbup:

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Andy if it was Livingstons you used, it was them that quoted me £170! Mine were def genuine seat parts. Had to take the wheels off too but not too hard a job. Took about an hour to do all four.

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Got my last ones from dealer and fitted them myself think they were about £70 for the four 5 years ago..

The price is enough to bring on a heart attack.

Andy if it was Livingstons you used, it was them that quoted me £170! Mine were def genuine seat parts. Had to take the wheels off too but not too hard a job. Took about an hour to do all four.

The very place, 95 quid plus 3.80 delivery by 'Parcel Pete', I just emailed the fella Bryan and quoted SCN. They were deffo the real deal, came individually boxed with the SEAT parts sticker on them. I found them a rip off at £95 never mind 170. I managed them fine with the wheels on, it was tight for space at the back though, barely had the clearance to get a torx on, one of those 'Z' shape torx keys akin to an allan key shape would have been ideal.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Cant edit the post above..

Tell a lie, I mentioned seeing their listing on SCN with regards to discounted parts but I did quote them the cheapest price I had found which was 'Arnold Clark SEAT Glasgow', £100 the set, collect in person.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
It is amazing the price difference between dealers. When I was looking for a fitted price for my last car the prices I was quoted were £120, £150 and £170 all from dealers within a 50 mile radius. My local dealer was 120 so he was charging £12.50 for each corner to fit them as I got them for £70. Stealers indeed.[:@]

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Definitely think I need to invest in a set. It's the one thing that annoys me about the car, it's just so easy to get it dirty! Got the car washed one day last week on a rare sunny dry afternoon, then the next day at work I noticed it had white splashes on the sills and rear end from the road salt already. I'm getting fed up of manky fingers from the dirty door handles and mirrors!

Moonhead

Apr 3, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Does anybody know if mud flaps are or will be available for the Cupra? I know some will see this is a sin putting mud flaps on a hot hatch but I find they are invaluable for helping to keep the car clean and preventing stone chips.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Does anybody know if mud flaps are or will be available for the Cupra? I know some will see this is a sin putting mud flaps on a hot hatch but I find they are invaluable for helping to keep the car clean and preventing stone chips.

Sure they will become available shortly and couldn't agree more with you, had quite a few dents on the underside of the sills on my last car caused by stones flying up, before I fitted the mudflaps, so didn't hesitate to get them on before I picked up the car this time:D

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I ordered fronts and rears for mine yesterday.
Total was £104.97 delivered from Kendal Seat which was the cheapest I could find.

Did not want mud guards really but got to be better than washing the car, then driving in the wet and both sides of car get covered in muck in seconds.

I can imagine the Cupra would benefit from the mud guards seeing as wheels are a tad wider than on the FR.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise