My BlueFlame exhaust... pics!...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
##############################################################################

EDIT: for pics look here here... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1246804#post1246804

##############################################################################

heres sum pics of my BlueFlame exhaust system, which consists of a 3" down pipe, 100 cell race CAT and a 2.75" cat back system...

also look here... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=704134#post704134 post number 557!

car on ramps...

OE dp and the batch 210 LCR dp that was made, not the DP i have fitted! but looks similar!...

tail pipe...

back box...

bend over rear axel beam...

centre section/cat...
53400015.JPG

centre section...

bottom of DP...

100 cell cat...
53400017.JPG

center section connection to 100 cell cat...

cat back system...

cat back view 2...

and my standard 225 LCR system that il be selling soon! ;) (only done 5k miles!)

the new system has deffinately given an increase in performance, it sounds good too! :)

james :)

ps. i tried to post up all the pics, but it didnt work, just the 2 above! :blink: so iv put the links instead!

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
get mine fitted next week. whats the noise in the cabin like, say in town then at motorway speeds?.I take it that the spool up is much quicker now!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
cuprabaz said:
looks good mate. I bet the new system is half the weight of the old one.

not that iv felt the weight of the BF system, but the standard system weighs a bloody ton! :roflmao:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
blade said:
get mine fitted next week. whats the noise in the cabin like, say in town then at motorway speeds?.I take it that the spool up is much quicker now!

well if ur driving normal, then its very very subtle... ur passengers will not even know you have a performance system fitted! :yes:

the same for motorway speeds!:)

however i have noticed at about 90mph it seams to be at its peak resonance... think thats the correct word?! lol :confused:

so if ur cruisin at 90 then its slightly louder, but not bad... also when u let off at arround 95 and the car starts to deaccelerate, iv notice a slight "boom" noise from about 95mph to 90mph.

its nothing bad, but thought id mention it!

to sum it up sound wise.... put ur foot down and it sounds good, drive normally and it sounds like ur standard exhaust!

the noise is changing every day and im doing a lot of miles recently... goin to trax 2mo! so il keep this thread updated on the noise as it changes!

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
J@mes said:
well if ur driving normal, then its very very subtle... ur passengers will not even know you have a performance system fitted! :yes:

the same for motorway speeds!:)

however i have noticed at about 90mph it seams to be at its peak resonance... think thats the correct word?! lol :confused:

so if ur cruisin at 90 then its slightly louder, but not bad... also when u let off at arround 95 and the car starts to deaccelerate, iv notice a slight "boom" noise from about 95mph to 90mph.

its nthing bad, but thought id mention it!

to sum it up sound wise.... but ur foot down and it sounds good, drive normally and it sounds like ur standard exhaust!

the noise is changing every day and im doing a lot of miles recently... goin to trax 2mo! so il keep this thread updated on the noise as it changes!

excellent. was hoping the missus won,t notice it. :clap:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
blade said:
excellent. was hoping the missus won,t notice it. :clap:

lol :roflmao:

well only if u dont put ur foot down! and trust me ul find it very very hard not too! ;)

just tell her all the standard exhaust systems get slightly louder at "****" miles! :whistle:

flashbsd

and it gets shiny'er all of a sudden! also when you go hiding the visa bill :p

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
well i was told the standard cat is 400 cell, so a 100 cell cat that i have fitted is 75% more efficient!

just thought id say!

ps. pm replied! ;)

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
mine pops and bangs all the time the turbo spool up is really loud and the blowing at the moment is pissing me off but it will be sorted on monday then happy days :thumbup:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
i gues urs is louder than mine (turbo noise) despite being a smaller turbo, but cos ur chipped and running about 8psi more than me.

Wey aye man

How much was the blue flame system? where did you buy it from, and where was it fitted? just got my cupra r and looking to do a few mods, dont know what make exhaust to get or induction kit????????

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
J@mes said:
well i was told the standard cat is 400 cell, so a 100 cell cat that i have fitted is 75% more efficient!

just thought id say!

ps. pm replied! ;)

a lot of std cats are ceramic ones where I expect the BF ones in 100-200 cell to be metal matrix cats. (look like flame arrestors for those who know what they look like - corrugated metal rolled into a ball and inserted into a sleeve.

RS4 cats(4 of em) are metal matrix 200 cell as std I think as an aside having seen inside them last week.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
did 231 miles today to trax and back... the system sounded slightly quieter i think. it sounds the nuts as you give it some beans on the motorway! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.