My Infotainment system Isn't working/Advice Please 😢

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
Hi guys.

The Infotainment screen In my 2020 Seat Leon seems to have gone wrong. Why, because when I usually turn the cars ignition on the Infotainment screen takes a few seconds to load up and then the screen comes on. But over the last couple of days the welcome/loading settings screen Is permanently on and Is continually buffeting.
I can't use any of the apps at the bottom of the screen Including the built In Sat Nav. But luckily when I tap on the car symbol In the bottom right of the screen the stop start function and the lane control function are still working.

So my question Is please, Is there a way to re-boot the infotainment system and fix this issue myself or will the car have to go back to a SEAT main dealer to be fixed?
This Is the welcome/loading screen that Is permanently on and continually buffeting.

Cheers guys 🙄

IMG_20220921_195726.jpg

Last edited:

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
1672 version of software needs to be updated to latest version. Contact your seat dealer to book your car in with this issue.

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
I believe when you have your privacy settings set to maximum privacy, you won't receive small infotainment updates.
Which every version of the system does, doesn't matter how old the software is.

Reactions: motormadmarc

motormadmarc

Dec 24, 2020
Norfolk, Next To The Sea 🐟
I believe when you have your privacy settings set to maximum privacy, you won't receive small infotainment updates.
Which every version of the system does, doesn't matter how old the software is.
@RoadXY. Thanks for the info. So If I was to change the privacy settings to "Share My Position", will I then receive notifications when there are updates available? Or Is It advisable to leave the privacy settings on Maximum Privacy and just let a SEAT main dealer sort out any available updates?

Screenshot_2022-09-23-13-15-59-46_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I changed the privacy settings on my wife’s Arona from maximum to minimum after the dealer had told us the car required an update. Waited for the update (24 hours at most) carried out the update and returned the settings back to maximum. The dealer said that they couldn’t do certain updates

Reactions: motormadmarc

Kernow13

May 22, 2021
Hi guys.

The Infotainment screen In my 2020 Seat Leon seems to have gone wrong. Why, because when I usually turn the cars ignition on the Infotainment screen takes a few seconds to load up and then the screen comes on. But over the last couple of days the welcome/loading settings screen Is permanently on and Is continually buffeting.
I can't use any of the apps at the bottom of the screen Including the built In Sat Nav. But luckily when I tap on the car symbol In the bottom right of the screen the stop start function and the lane control function are still working.

So my question Is please, Is there a way to re-boot the infotainment system and fix this issue myself or will the car have to go back to a SEAT main dealer to be fixed?
This Is the welcome/loading screen that Is permanently on and continually buffeting.

Cheers guys 🙄

View attachment 33747
Hope by now you have got a resolution to the Infotainment issues - Many of us (myself included) haven't though. VW has now admitted the infotainment systems are faulty, but frankly haven't promised a fix until 2024!

Generally many people have experience a number of common malfunctions - a Pop-Pop noise and error messages - no Sat Nav, no lane monitoring, no city-brake, incorrect speed warnings, etc - The only thing to do is keep the pressure up on you dealership or Seat Customer Service - ultimately the infotainment system in the mk4 Seat car isn't fit for purpose so don't be afraid to tell them that!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I can tell you right know moment your car will be after manufacturer warranty they won't care about anything. I have raised several complaints on my First Edition car, I even went through the Motor Ombudsman and nothing happened. They are well covered as longest they fix the fault within the warranty period nobody cares about your inconvenience or trouble you had it with the car you not entitled for any compensation. That was my outcome with my experience 1,5 year battling with my Leon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.