My LC OEM exhaust

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
I noticed a whole back (like quite a few months, maybe even a year) that my standard 2003 Leon Cupra exhaust has a small crack in the back box. This appears to me to be more of a split in the outer most back box. Not a crack all the way through. It does also look rather rusty now.

Whilst I'd love to get a new cat-back mid-sport custom exhaust from a place over here in NI, I only want to do this when I need to. And no, not when the current exhaust falls off mind you, but not if I have another 6 months, year or maybe even two in her. I'll have difficult justifying this to the wife unless it is a must.

Anyway, I'm rambling. So here are a few pics:

2010_0715%28003%29-sml.jpg

2010_0715%28004%29-sml.jpg

2010_0715%28005%29-sml.jpg

2010_0715%28006%29-sml.jpg

What do you guys think?

It doesn't rattle or make any bad sounds by the way, so I think right now it's ok...

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
mine looks like that i think the metal casing is falling apart on mine, im not worried to much though i am going to replace it soon with a miltek full system, it is anoying though just how bad they rust out

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
My LCR zorst is like that at the mo, apart from the tailpipe which is mint still (guessing that as expected that's the only bit which was looked after by previous owner)

Mine will be ripped off within a month fingers crossed, to be replaced with a full turbo back blueflame system :D

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
Cheers guys.

I'm happy that it's common for them to end up like that, and that it'll probably last a bit longer.

I was kind of hoping that it needed replacing though lol Just so I can get a new one. Need to save some pennies anyway.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.