my mates 130 ibiza

strugers1

ok i have a 182bhp remapped 130 leon and i not starting a controversial thread but my car will outrun a 225 lcr till 100 mph. now i had a plug and play one of them cheapo thing off fleabay before my car was mapped and it did not really make any odds to be honest!!
now my friends ibiza 130 he is claiming its standard yet out run me ith the plug and play now i know a plug and play does not give 40 bhp so his car cannot be standard right??because when he beat me this means he will beat 225lcr to 100 mph when is car is standard??
this is inpossible is it not???
cheers

Mar 8, 2007
His car is lighter than yours and the gears are a shorter ratio

digital tuning boxes deliver similar power to generic remaps, but a lot more crudely.

A superb on Briskoda pulled 175bhp and 275lb ft of torque on the rolling road with a dragon tuning box on a PD130

strugers1

na this aint a tuning box lol its a flea bay resistor i had it before him and its poo lol well james did 15.2 up santa pod and he got one of the fastest times with a standard lcr i did 15.2 in my remaped leon tdi!!!
my point is would he not need 170bhp to beat me??? yes thats my point lol
and a resistor prob only gives about what 3 bhp in all??
i know a standard 150 tdi beats a standard 130 ibiza due to the extra bhp so my point is his car is about 170 is it not??

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
There are lots on here that need to get a grip with their claims.
I know for a fact I cant get less than 7.4 secs to 65 on the speedo from my car due to the weelspin. Come on strugers a cupra r 225 would kill you for sure. It would kill mine and I know mine has a little over 200hp.
Glynn

strugers1

have you seen that fifth gear vieo with the 196 bhp tdi astra vs the vxr the tdi stays with it!!i aint starting a row cos i cant be bothere but i saying a stanard 130 beeza wont match a 182bhp leon will it??
here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDtzBjUEPM

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Although the beeza is lighter by a couple of hundred kilos I would be suprised if it kept up with 182hp in a Leon. But you claim you can beat a cupra r which has an unofficial 0 to 60 of 6.9 seconds. A std beeza 130 is 8.4 for same sprint.
A flipping tuning box cant do that stuff eh?
Well I say definitely not!
Glynn

strugers1

thing is its not a tuning box its one of them resistor things mate.. i ha it on mine an it mae no ifference to power just a bit of torque!! but he keeps up nmow either my car is on its way out or its not standard!!
anyway did james not o a 15.2 in his 225 lcr when it was standard??

strugers1

yeah summits off key i tell ya!!! oh well if it is standard then my car is going up for sale lol

strugers1

good beeza day to gain 40 bhp??my car has been getting better the last few weeks new fuel a few tweeks but a stnard 130 to stay with it na i think not!!! a standard 130 to o 15,2 santa pod is that even possible??

brad1

this happens quite a few days with the ibiza, and westoncraig, this is fact, b3lsy of here has a lcr, and he can admit, strugers1 stays with him till a 100mph, then the lcr pulls away. i was also following and it was close will a 100 when the lcr started pulling away at that speed

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
standard lcr should be running sub 15 1/4's imo. Sounds to me like the driver is poo.

anyway, if a Ibiza 130 can keep up with you, then its obv been mapped, its not rocket science.

Although a proper mapped 130 Ibiza, should actully have the edge over you. 14.7ish 1/4

Mar 8, 2007
Superb PD130 running on dragon tuning box...

Crude... as you can see by the torque curve... but effective.

15045d1179586485-skodadragon.jpg

However that is a digital one, not a 2p resistor in a box type one

T. Spark

standard lcr should be running sub 15 1/4's imo. Sounds to me like the driver is poo.

anyway, if a Ibiza 130 can keep up with you, then its obv been mapped, its not rocket science.

Although a proper mapped 130 Ibiza, should actully have the edge over you. 14.7ish 1/4

Finally someone posts sense...

100% on the ball imho.

It aint std duuuuuuurrrrrrr!!

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
my point is would he not need 170bhp to beat me??? yes thats my point lol

thats like saying a 80bhp motor bike cant out run a 100bhp car
power to weight ratio. doesnt matter what mods your car has.

i still cant outrun a fazer in my GS300. i have lots more bhp and torque than the fazer yamaha, but its bhp per tonne that counts!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise