my new mk1

neal_h

just bought a leon 1m. first thing i done before i modded was checked to see what it was putting out so that i could fix it first. so i put it on the dyno and its putting out 133.3 at 5750rpm so then it plugged into vag which said i had a mechanical error with the boost pressure which i assume is the diaphragm in the stock dump valve is broken so i have ordered a forge split r which hopefully will arrive tomorrow and we shall see if that solves my problems. believe it or not that is the only fault code that came up apart from the lambda sensor or lack of one i should say. if anyone has any other suggestions what the problem could be let me know :) will post pics of car and dyno run when i hit 15 posts

forgot to say the engine was also smoke tested and no leaks inthe engine at all apart from the crankcase breather pipe but it had been cut.
neal

Last edited by a moderator:

neal_h

Think the previous owner was going for the catch can effect without the can as he just extended the pipe down to the bottom end of the block. Some people eh. If the split r fixes the problem of the leaking boost I will replace but I just ordered the first one I came to for fault finding more than anything.

neal_h

as stupid as it seems a sandard dv didn't even cross my mind when i went online to find one might buy one as well

Sprogpole

Jul 20, 2012
Leicester
Split R is a leak in itself. It lets air out that’s supposed to be recirculated.
Send it back and swap it for 007-008 or go OEM.

Crankcase breather pipe being broken will also cause problems with air/fuel

Why is it missing a lambda sensor? Surely that’ll mess up the fuelling and maybe cause limp mode.
That would explain the low numbers.

What were the actual fault codes found in VCDS?

Last edited:

neal_h

Split R is a leak in itself. It lets air out that’s supposed to be recirculated.
Send it back and swap it for 007-008 or go OEM.

Crankcase breather pipe being broken will also cause problems with air/fuel

Why is it missing a lambda sensor? Surely that’ll mess up the fuelling and maybe cause limp mode.
That would explain the low numbers.

What were the actual fault codes found in VCDS?

The split r can be set up as 100% recirculating. I have a new crankcase breather end route to me. I would have to look at the print out for the fault codes which is at home will post them when I get a chance to go have a look at them.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
My OEM DV failed after only 25k miles. The quality is crap.

When they works they work fine. But they don't last.

At least with a Forge you know you'll never have to replace it again.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members