My RAID LED rear lights... (56k warning!)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
hi peeps! :)

finally got round to fitting my RAID LED rear light clusters today...

raid.jpg

... (after having waited about 3months to get them in from germany!) and id like to say DAN/danthemanwhocan and I are vertually the only 2 ur likely to see with a pair for quite a while i think! :yes: :funk: :whistle:

anyways, first thing first... i know phil/empi5 has told me how fiderly the nuts are on the rear lights... well blooooody hell! lol. thank god i had a special tool, this....

DSC00443.jpg

to fish out the nuts (and rachet!) when they fell about a foot or so inside the inner wing of the car!!!

i would honestly say that without this flexable magnet i would have been well and trully fcked! so go to your local pound world and buy one! (yes thats right, pound world!) :)

as for quality of the lights.. i would say they are made well, apart from the fact that my philips silvertec indicator bulbs would not fit inside the indicator hole! [:@] so i had to dremel the hole slightly bigger... only took 10 mins to do, but still! and also u have to make sure u use a powerfull hoover to suck up all the small plastic particles that get into the light clusters.

maybe the philips silvertec bulbs are slightly bigger than normal indicator bulbs? :shrug:

the LEDs look really cool at night i think and these clusters make the rear end look more modern i think :)

a good subtle mod i think!

anyways here are some pics (i even got my tripod out as it was a bit dark and my flash isnt very good, but the night mode is!)...

53400199.jpg

53400201.jpg

53400202.jpg

crappy pic of the LED lights on... the LEDs come out much better, see dans pics!(http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80131)

53400197.jpg

you can see they are very bright tho! (as bright as the 3rd brake light!)...

53400208.jpg

and a couple more pics of my car :) ...

53400219.jpg

53400217.jpg

53400228.jpg

wat u think?!

james :D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
forgot to say... do ppl think i should put some osram diadem indicator bulbs in to replace my philips silvertec ones?! i have the diadems in the front headlamps and i love them! and after seeing them in DAN's raid rear lights i thought, hmmm! maybe they would look good in mine too! :confused: :think:

wat u think?

SoLiDSnK

Club Cupra R Founder
Better silverone in your rear.

I love your car, I hope mine will be like your in a year or so.. but with superleggeras :).

I need a suspension! here is a pic of now...

And I'm waiting to install a new rings in my angel eyes (I'm sure you'll love them, james :D) and the xenon (I sell Xenon kits :) ).

Very beauty your car :D

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Loving your car.
those angel eye lights are brilliant and your choice of LED rear clusters is equally excellent. i would go as far as to say, i think they are the best on the market...IMO i think they look better than the lexus style....bit more OEM in styling and understated......
Looking good!:D

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
SoLiDSnK said:

I love your car, I hope mine will be like your in a year or so.. but with superleggeras :).

I need a suspension! here is a pic of now...

And I'm waiting to install a new rings in my angel eyes (I'm sure you'll love them, james :D) and the xenon (I sell Xenon kits :) ).

Dude, your not from Lanzarote are you....(just the builing in the back ground reminds me where i did my BSc Project....Montana Roja)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
big phill said:
how much are the angel eyes head lamps and where are they from?

about £220 ish pounds and i have an HID conversion kit which cost me £150

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
SoLiDSnK said:

I need a suspension!

ur car looks similar to mine! just needs slamming like mine! ;)

nice to see another FMIC too! :)

as for ur angel eyes... u will love having a HID conversion kit, makes a big difference :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
X20HER said:
how come yours look slightly different to danthemans?

i think the lights look really good. dantheman's bottom right and left side of each light look siver where as ures look red?

thats cos DANs are different to mine! :)

but we are both very lucky to have a set from raid! ;)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Sam20v said:
Loving your car.
those angel eye lights are brilliant and your choice of LED rear clusters is equally excellent. i would go as far as to say, i think they are the best on the market...IMO i think they look better than the lexus style....bit more OEM in styling and understated......
Looking good!:D

thanks bud! :yes: :)

thats y i went for these raid lights, as they look very OEM, just slightly more modern looking! :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
SoLiDSnK said:
Ah! and please, shoot some pics tomorrow at sun light... this pics are very dark :(

i wont be able to take any day light pics until thursday now, but i doubt il have time tbh! :( so next sunday maybe!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
paul h said:
thats a nice looking R you have james :) lights look loads better than the standard jobbies

thanks paul! :)

(tho i do think the standard lights look very good on a black LCR!)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
SoLiDSnK... i think they suit songmans yellow LCR vey well, and im sure they would look good on a black LCR... but IMHO i think the standard style/colour suits a black LCR the best!

james :)

James, your lights looked the mutts tonight, but you suffer the same problem i had with LED rears in the Ibiza?

3rd brake light glows with tail lights on???

The problem occurs because there is not enough voltage drop using LED's, therefore a resistor pack is required.

biggest issue i had, was the car was telling the ECU that there were no brake lights, thus dropping power, and flashing the EGR light on the dash board?

Hope yours runs better, i reverted to stock bulbs, coz i couldn't be bothered to work out the resistance required!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise