MY16 Full Link activation

Vassilis

Nov 4, 2015
Athens, Greece
A little update, I activated the software but they told me it needs a different USB module in order to work so I'm waiting for that to arrive. Has anyone else been told the same? MY 2016 cars are supposed to have it but mine doesn't for some reason. By the way, contrary to what I was told the part isn't a CD. It's just a booklet which has a few activation numbers. It took them a ridiculous 2,5 hours to get it done but then again I was the first one so they didn't have any prior experience.

veno

Feb 9, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.bulforum.com
It is strange, I was thinking it is only the serial numbers! If there is necessary new hardware stuff, it is getting bit complicated... same is here I asked the dealer and they said they haven't done post-upgrade yet.

Vassilis, the dealer in Bulgaria is the same as in Greece... at least they take the cars from Greece...

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I left my car with the dealership today to get Full Link activated.

It's a MY16 FR Black Technology - USB is under the climate control. They said at the time that they would have to replace the USB module in order to activate it. I'm about to go and collect so I'll see what they've done!

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Replace the usb module? I can't see why they'd have to do that if it's just a code. Software is probably preloaded on the system just needs activation code so should be easy you'd think!

Vassilis

Nov 4, 2015
Athens, Greece
Yeah, you'd think... The booklet says it needs a specific USB module to work. It has the part number. I guess some MY 2016 models didn't get it.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
They installed a new USB module on my MY16 Leon, then they activated the feature.

It put up a fight, but I've managed to get my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus connecting with Android Auto every time instead of MirrorLink!

n4src

Feb 17, 2015
Hello from greece i got my MY16 on december and it was full link advertised but when i tried to activate it first time it asked me to activate it. So i went to the dealer back then and on end of january i got my key!! All activated now with 207euro. But they did not change my usb (which is under climate next to ash tray). All is working now with an HTC M8. But still i do not get android auto. Only mirrorlink. In which you can also run the connect app which gives you some extra options like driving profiles (choose power song etc).:lol:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hello from greece i got my MY16 on december and it was full link advertised but when i tried to activate it first time it asked me to activate it. So i went to the dealer back then and on end of january i got my key!! All activated now with 207euro. But they did not change my usb (which is under climate next to ash tray). All is working now with an HTC M8. But still i do not get android auto. Only mirrorlink. In which you can also run the connect app which gives you some extra options like driving profiles (choose power song etc).:lol:
You need to install the android auto app from the Google play store, and change the settings in your car to prefer AA over Mirrorlink.

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria

Hi there, Android Auto is still not available in Greece as well as Bulgaria (Currently:Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.) so just MirrorLink for the moment.
Regarding the USB module change, my best guess is USB1.0 to USB2.0 or 3.0.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I got mine as an accessory, there is no additional usb port, but I think they may have changed the current one, all I got was a plastic case with a booklet in which contained the activation key!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.