Mystery letter from Seat

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Got home tonight and there's a letter in the box saying I should call the dealer sales manager because they have some news about my current vehicle.

Any idea what it could be? Apart from the obvious... Use of a cupra for a year insurance and fuel paid for :rofl:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
My guess is they have a customer looking to buy the exact car you currently drive so are able to offer you a fantastic part-exchange price against a new SEAT...

...but then I'm often wrong :think:

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Who knows? But it is near the end of the month and there are always targets to meet
- and often slow-moving stock in punter-repelling colour/trim combos that needs shifting....

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
You realise by posting this all you have done is share the suspense and cause all the readers to be like "hurry up and tell us"

So, did you open the damn letter?!?!?

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Couple of good shouts, will be interesting if they offer me a good price for the Leon, who doesn't like the chance for a good deal. It's due a service next week maybe they're going to offer that to me for nothing (again wishful thinking)

Did try and call the number but it was coming up to half 5 and no answer. Will make sure to update the thread when I've spoken to them

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I have an great great uncle in Nigeria who can do you a great deal on some unclaimed inheritance money he has. I'll give him your email address and you can sort it out with him directly. I mean, there is obviously a handling fee to pay upfront, but that is more than covered by the eventual payout. And who doesn't like a great deal!?

No need to thank me.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
I have an great great uncle in Nigeria who can do you a great deal on some unclaimed inheritance money he has. I'll give him your email address and you can sort it out with him directly. I mean, there is obviously a handling fee to pay upfront, but that is more than covered by the eventual payout. And who doesn't like a great deal!?

No need to thank me.

PM sent

Reactions: bluehandle

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

No need to thank me.
You so nearly had that post deleted, then I realised you actually had more than 1 post lol

I'll leave it up to @Shaady depending on the payout if he wants to press charges haha

Reactions: Damo H and kiddo

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
You so nearly had that post deleted, then I realised you actually had more than 1 post lol

I'll leave it up to @Shaady depending on the payout if he wants to press charges haha

:happy:

Press charges? I am giving him a life changing opportunity here, he should be praising me.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Mystery over...and it is indeed that they want my car as a trade in, as they have been selling a lot of cars lately and apparently it's been a popular model. They also mentioned new car plus £1 or something like that, not sure what it means to be honest. Anyway, am going there Friday to see what they'll offer me for mine and what the options for something else are

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Basically their sales aren't were they should be so they are trying to tap up old customers for business...

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
My previous (and last ever) visit to the dealership ended with them offering me the model I didn't want, in a colour I hated with a 'special' deal where I gave them my trade in for nothing, pay £6k more for the new one than I'd found elsewhere - with another premium on top for PCP gap insurance!

Makes you wonder why car dealerships are struggling?

Next day I ordered a lease online, got the exact model & colour delivered for free (on a flat bed from Newcastle) in under 6 weeks for half the monthly PCP cost, just 3 month upfront, no gap insurance needed and I got to sell my trade in for market value.

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Basically their sales aren't were they should be so they are trying to tap up old customers for business...

This is what I think too, will be 2 years since I bought it in December so that might have pinged something up...Once I get there its going to be a normal sales visit. They can try all they want, I can't afford to pay for a newer car monthly so they're going to be stuck!

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Unless you crash it or it's stolen and your insurance don't give you enough to settle the outstanding finance...

That's what I'd assumed until I read the small print on my lease, it only requires the current market value if the original is written off - which is quite friendly compared to a PCP.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Unless you crash it or it's stolen and your insurance don't give you enough to settle the outstanding finance...

That's what I'd assumed until I read the small print on my lease, it only requires the current market value of the the original is written off which is quite friendly compared to a PCP.

I second that. Had a crash 2 months before the end of the lease and they were all prepared to settle at market value.

Some insurance companies are also replacing new if it gets written off in the first year too even on a lease.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.