Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
please excuse a really n00b question but with the Nav System High should i have an SD card? went to check it's version after reading here but the two card slots inside the glovebox are empty and i've not yet installed any media onto the 10GB onboard storage - all the formatted capacity is still available. Every map installed displays 2015. The head unit has no visible slots for a card. thanks

mS7ImV.jpg

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
You've got the high-level sat nav system so the Nav data is held on the built in hard drive. This thread is about the original Tech Pack Sat Nav system.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
You've got the high-level sat nav system so the Nav data is held on the built in hard drive. This thread is about the original Tech Pack Sat Nav system.

ah, ok, it's just that the thread title only said Navigation System Updates so presumed it had evolved to cover all variants. ta :)

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
We'd be interested to know how you're finding the high-level version (speed/accuracy), I think you're one of the first to get it. :)

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
We'd be interested to know how you're finding the high-level version (speed/accuracy), I think you're one of the first to get it. :)
it'll be difficult to communicate any benefits because this is my first Seat and therefore cannot directly compare with previous systems. i can comment that the dealer staff and technicians hadn't seen one before either and were quite impressed, mostly with the screen clarity and UI speed which i can agree with after the test drive car i had for part of a day, with standard nav, felt hesitant in operation and the graphics were a little fuzzy.
  • Nav seems as capable with routing as my TomTom but i wish SEAT had included speed camera locations and i miss Live Traffic as TMC is often out-dated, unreliable and updating is hit and miss because it depends on the broadcast source sending out a signal every 15 minutes. the loss of IQ Routes has yet to be missed.
  • spoken directions are clear and audible
  • im looking forward to accessing MirrorLink, im not sure if it'll be all hype or not but i'll have to upgrade my phone to an Xperia, M9 or S6 first :)

if anyone has any Q's or needs any pictures i'll do my best to help.

--------------------
i had posted the following in another thread but for the sake of etiquette, repetition and
relevance to this thread i've moved my reply here

• the increase in screen size isn't huge, 6.5" against 5.8"
  • mirrorlink promises good things
  • 10gb HDD but the capacity screen shows a limit of 3000 files. there's also one USB port and two SD card slots available
  • UI is responsive, pinch to zoom is accurate and the text is clear
  • the addition of SEAT Sound in the package mitigates the significant option cost
*some features supposed to be improved but not had the car long enough to try
  • voice recognition
  • Bluetooth connectivity

tbf i guess adding it to the spec sheet depends on what experience you want from the car. i do a lot of long journeys so it works for me. take a test drive. if you use your smartphone for navigating or find yourself happy with the resolution of the 5.8" screen, the quality of the standard sound system, have no interest in mirrorlink and just want something to get you from A->B then an upgrade could be unnecessary.

Last edited:

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015

Its the only thing I wish I would have requested that I didn't but as I needed mine within a few weeks, I suspect I wouldn't have had an option. Any news on whether they can be upgraded and the existing system part ex'd ? (long shot I know :( )

Any chance you can confirm that please.

If it is true - the local stealer has pulled a fast one on me because mine is only V4

As others have said....V6 is the latest and I've got that version (and plastic case) in the ST I picked up last Saturday. I'm sure a nice friendly word will get you a V6, if not, a nice friendly word with Seat UK should sort things out.

ctbeicss

Mar 27, 2015
Navigation Data Europe AT v2

Is here anybody Who had the original Navigation Data from the Europe AT V2 SD-card? I delete my sd card now the navigation Data is away.-.-

Greets,
Domenic from GER

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As others have said....V6 is the latest and I've got that version (and plastic case) in the ST I picked up last Saturday. I'm sure a nice friendly word will get you a V6, if not, a nice friendly word with Seat UK should sort things out.

E-mailed Seat UK - there is a V6 on it's way to the dealers now.

They will ring me to arrange installation next week.

Cheers all

Deleted member 98136

How is it possible to check the build date of your own car ? Thank you.

Deleted member 98136

There must be quite a number of Seat owners who will never take their cars abroad, so why can't Seat just do a UK update, which one would presume would be cheaper and more sellable ?

I don't know anything about the model of sat nav's fitted in other vehicles in the VW group, but would assume that if they are much the same as ours, then there must be quite a market out there.

If you do intend to take your car abroad, I would think that's the time to purchase the latest full version.

And what is the latest price for upgrading ? ( to V6 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.