Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
My eBay Skoda 32gb card arrived today, seems genuine to me.

8f5b6430b68582ffb697e2d50c8f8d6a.jpg

546b4d4d02dc54415e0091fb5658c073.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Looks identical to mine. I knew they were made in Germany from the German Skoda board so was heartened when mine arrived and said Made in Germany on the back.

Don't know how they get distributed by Skoda dealers as a box with SD cards in or the seller discarded the packing. But that's what arrived in a cardboard mailer in it's SD box.

Reactions: Jim45

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Looks identical to mine. I knew they were made in Germany from the German Skoda board so was heartened when mine arrived and said Made in Germany on the back.

Don't know how they get distributed by Skoda dealers as a box with SD cards in or the seller discarded the packing. But that's what arrived in a cardboard mailer in it's SD box.

Mine arrived in a small cardboard mailer as well, more than happy for my £26.99 outlay.

Reactions: Tell

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
At the price I think it’s a good option for those who want to keep their original card intact and future proof for larger map sizes.

Reactions: Walone and Tell

Med

Apr 3, 2020
Hi Tell,

We have a trip to Morocco for work (which will surely be postponed), the case that I have tried to download maps of Morocco, and copy them to a VW SD card purchased from amazon (it worked well with European maps), I have followed all the steps of

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how...n-eu-countries-e-g-morocco.10331/#post-249128

And it didn't work, then I have replaced the file "OVERALL.NDS" with the original one as you indicate, but I can't get it to work with the Moroccan cartography . Do you know why it could be?

Note: the recently purchased tiguan is not even two months old (DISCOVER MEDIA), and I have updated the maps it had (Europe zone) on another card to Nov19: 1430 without problems.

Thank you very much for the help.

I attach the message that comes out when I insert the card, and when I see the version in settings.

Attachments

• IMG_6803.jpg
    IMG_6803.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_6806.jpg
    IMG_6806.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 167

Tell

Staff member
That was post 2081

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-105

The directory contents of the 27 directory go into the 00 directory as per the t6forum. I took a working card just copied it in. The overall.nds file obviously has to be the one that works with the unit (by definition it was working since I replaced the contents of the 00 directory Edit and EEC but retained a working overall.nds file). I did do a long press reboot so as not to shock the system with such a change.

It did do it without issues. Not a Mac issue ?.

Basically I was on 1430 with an older overall.nds file on a spare card. Working. Then just copied over the 27 content directory to the 00 directory of the rest of the world exc North America 1420 as per the T6Forum.

So I'd say keep it within the 1430 release with 1420 contents. Observe any Mac issues and get that long press reboot in.

Last edited:

Med

Apr 3, 2020
That was post 2081

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-105

The directory contents of the 27 directory go into the 00 directory as per the t6forum. I took a working card just copied it in. The overall.nds file obviously has to be the one that works with the unit (by definition it was working since I replaced the contents of the 00 directory). I did do a long press reboot so as not to shock the system with such a change.

It did do it without issues. Not a Mac issue ?.

Basically I was on 1430 with an older overall.nds file on a spare card. Working. Then just copied over the 27 content directory to the 00 directory of the rest of the world exc North America 1420 as per the T6Forum.

So I'd say keep it within the 1430 release with 1420 contents. Observe any Mac issues and get that long press reboot in.

I have a windows partition, in this case I don't do it on Mac.
I have tried everything, even with several Overall.nds files, the oldest I had is version 1013, but nothing.
Thank you very much for the help.

Greetings

Tell

Staff member
Then I don't know what's going on.

Worked for me and those on the t6forum.

Mac's aren't my thing but you could try the Cleanmydrive just in case something has got in there that it doesn't like, although you did say you were using a Windows partition.

Med

Apr 3, 2020
Then I don't know what's going on.

Worked for me and those on the t6forum.

Mac's aren't my thing but you could try the Cleanmydrive just in case something has got in there that it doesn't like, although you did say you were using a Windows partition.

Do you have the same hardware version of the infotainment? There is still a recent version so it doesn't work for me ... I have tried everything, following exactly your steps, I do not know what to do:shrug:,

I find it strange that VW does not make it easy :mad:

IMG_6806.jpg

Tell

Staff member
I didn't take a picture with both on together, hardware and firmware + the navigatiion 1420, that's on one from an older picture I took and the one with 1420 component in. 1030 is the release the overall.nds file belongs too.

I had it installed on a Seat 1030 cloned card for what it's worth. Exact replica of the CID on the original. Samsung Evo card as referenced on the thread.

The Seat 5F0035874A unit is a 2018 non WiFi base standard sat nav unit fitted to Aronas. Nothing fancy. H50.

Still suspect it might be something to do with your copy. I'd get the card back working with 1430 and your original overall.nds, then just copy the contents of the 27 directory into 00, deleting what was there. Perhaps download it again. Put a long press reboot in as well. E.g. retry. That's all I did.

Attachments

• 20200225_145737.jpg
    20200225_145737.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_20200403-215926.png
    Screenshot_20200403-215926.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Reactions: Med

Med

Apr 3, 2020
Ok, thank you so much, it was for discarding, maybe one software allows it and another does not, I don't know...
I have everything the same, but it doesn't work for me

Tell

Staff member
@Med

Oops. I might have told you wrong re-checking the dates / times of the card I used with the 1420 download.

In fact you you also use the 1420 EEC directory as well.

I:\ is my SD drive in this:

I:\maps\EEC

The BMD.nds is the 1420 one but the Overall.nds is from your existing working card one for your unit !.

The

I:\maps\00

directory has the contents of the 27 directory of 1420. You can forget about the rest unless you live in Oz, NZ etc.

I know the first instructions on the t6forum page I had issues with first time round.

Test and I'll edit the rest above when you get it working !. I will also @ the guy who has the US Golf in France :).

Basically what you do is copy 1420 over completely. Do the overall.nds copy in the EEC directory overwriting the 1420 one, then rename 27 directory to 00. I didn't bother having the other countries on the SD card.

Give it a go. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Med and Walone

Med

Apr 3, 2020
I do not understand you well, I think I did so and it did not work for me, I live in Spain, I download the MRM3 (1420) package, rename the file "27" to "00", and then overwrite the file maps/EEC/EEC_WLD, that was on the card I think it is so, and zero that you explained it before.

thanks greetings

Tell

Staff member
I do not understand you well, I think I did so and it did not work for me, I live in Spain, I download the MRM3 (1420) package, rename the file "27" to "00", and then overwrite the file maps/EEC/EEC_WLD, that was on the card I think it is so, and zero that you explained it before.

thanks greetings

My working one didn't have the other regions on it just the 27 region renamed to 00. I didn't present the other regions to the unit. Didn't copy them over. Copied the EEC directory from 1420 but retained the the working overall.nds file paired with the unit (e.g. overwrite 1420 one with the one you use on a card that works). That last bit is where I might have misinformed you yesterday to use your exist BMD.NDS file, no. You don't present the other countries either on the card. The t6forum bit ambiguous on that, but I left them out.

In other words

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.