Need more reception from stubby aerial

myneek

Oct 13, 2009
Winchester, UK
Hi,

I've got the standard alana (?) head unit and changed the standard aerial to a stubby one, reception on the radio is much worse. Is there any methods, addons etc to improve reception? Some for of booster? Suppliers etc would be great.

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I didn't think the aerial booster would do ANYTHING to an OEM headunit as it already has one built-in to the radio itself???

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well My OEM Alana with stubby was OK, but lost reception in places. Pioneer HU and stubby with booster and reception was almost non-existent. I've reverted to OEM aerial for now, keep stubby for photos and shows, if I go to any. It is, after all, for looks more than anything else.

kaversion

If your stubby aerial is the type which has a hole in the center of the threaded part you can use a peice of metal wire of a similar thicknes and feed this in to the aerial before you fit it, i left about a centemeter poking out, this has massivly improved my reception, just make sure the wire is in contact with the metal part of the aerial, i used an oversizes paperclip hope this helps