Need spare key - cheapest way

sazzylou1981

Hi there.... I am new here so apologise if I am asking questions that have already been asked :)

I've just bought a P reg Seat Ibiza (It's my first car so again if I use the wrong words sorry!!)

I only have one key and would like a spare. What is the cheapest way of doing this? I've seen the blades and the key fobs on ebay but before I purchase I want to know if this is a legit way of doing it.

My husband is pretty technically minded so he should be able to do the job but I just need to know how.

Thanks in advance

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
hi we are SEAT dealers and generally redirect customers like yourself to our local 'good' locksmith/keycutter. most key cutting shops now have little electronic boxes which they stick your existing key into to read the immobiliser chip. this is then transferred to a new key which they also cut to suit the locks. last one cost me £25 - our dealer alternative is a blank key at £25, cutting at £7, programming at £30. go figure lol hope this helps

guitarjon

hey if you only have the spare key (the one without the remote locking keyfob is it possible to get a remote locking one and still do this so in theory you will have a new remote key and the original key which can now be used as a spare?