needle sweep please

toca72

Aug 10, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
Anyone in north east England got vag com and would do the needle sweep option for my new leon mk2?

I was going to invest in a cable but seems to be confusing on which cable to purchase and I only need it to enable needle sweep.

Is it worth just buying one for any other purpose just in case? If so which one is the best one to get as seen lots advertised from£4.99 to £50+.

Cheers

jajay

vcds cable + software

I have just fitted 9W7 Bluetooth in my Leon Mk2 and the local shop wanted £75! just to switch it on I took a gamble on ebay! The seller I purchased from was vag.car.tools and it works a treat....but still a bit dodgy! (Just do what the instructions say) invest in vcds and makes life so much easier.....+the sweeping dials are sweet!

Address 17 – Instruments
Adaptation 10
Select “Staging” from the drop down list
Select “Active” from the drop down list
Save the changes
Done!

Hope this helps!

toca72

Aug 10, 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have just fitted 9W7 Bluetooth in my Leon Mk2 and the local shop wanted £75! just to switch it on I took a gamble on ebay! The seller I purchased from was vag.car.tools and it works a treat....but still a bit dodgy! (Just do what the instructions say) invest in vcds and makes life so much easier.....+the sweeping dials are sweet!

Address 17 – Instruments
Adaptation 10
Save the changes
Done!

Hope this helps!

Cheers mate might take a look as I would rather do it myself as pay someone that much as it is just plug a cable in with laptop and go to options like you say and hey presto sweeping dials :D

kblackburn

Aug 15, 2012
holme/cumbria
Buy a genuine ross tech lead, free life time technical support.
If you buy none genuine lead and make a mess of things, your stuck with buying new components and dealer to sort it out.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Address 17 – Instruments
Adaptation 10
Save the changes
Done!

Hope this helps!

Be careful, I bought one from that seller on ebay, he sold it to me as a genuine ross tec, as I was new to vag and seeing other ones on there for around a tenner, I had no reason to not belive it was not reall as I paid considerably more than any others on there
Anyway soon as it arrived I knew straight away it was not genuine
He offered a refund, so I sent it back recorded delivery, once he got it back he he just ignored me, so I had no item and no refund
Ebay were their usual non helpfull selves

He also has many accounts on there with simalar names and chops between them before ebay get wise to it

Before I sent the item back I used it & it wouldn't work properly & now I have issues with this on the dash display either missing or not working, including the Bluetooth
So now I need to either get the genuine ross tec one or give some one some beer tokens to sort out the dashboard coding

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.