New car day

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I'm collecting my car tomorrow. Got a check list from forum and some notes what to do at dealership (Cupra ID, etc). I'm a bit worried about not liking the car, but also curious how it's going to drive. After collection, I plan to lock myself in the garage and check and setup everything, then maybe go for a drive. Unfortunately can't go too far due to Covid. In normal times, I would drive to Eastbourne for ice cream or Arundel for a walk.
Make sure to have good ventilation in the garage!

UK has area based lockdown? That's tough with a new car.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
We are supposed to stay local if not driving to work/school/etc. Don't want to go to seaside, as it seems to be popular place during the weekend and police is targetting people there. Luckily there's plenty of nice back roads in my area.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I'm collecting my car tomorrow. Got a check list from forum and some notes what to do at dealership (Cupra ID, etc). I'm a bit worried about not liking the car, but also curious how it's going to drive. After collection, I plan to lock myself in the garage and check and setup everything, then maybe go for a drive. Unfortunately can't go too far due to Covid. In normal times, I would drive to Eastbourne for ice cream or Arundel for a walk.

When you have time after getting it, check your infotainment system to confirm if you have Device Part Number with Revision D hardware and Software 1790. It seems people with this set up are reporting very little in the way of “faults”.

Pic shows mine with Revision B and Software 1666
6b8d515592042f348014538b78129e47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stonepope

Feb 12, 2021
When you have time after getting it, check your infotainment system to confirm if you have Device Part Number with Revision D hardware and Software 1790. It seems people with this set up are reporting very little in the way of “faults”.

Pic shows mine with Revision B and Software 1666
6b8d515592042f348014538b78129e47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting mine delivered next Thursday, so don't know software details yet but I've seen that it is a build week 6 carth. Would this correspond with the latter hardware do you know?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I didn't find information when change occurred. Also, depending on the model/engine, cars produced at the same time, had different versions.

I will check mine and report back.

Reactions: Stonepope

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
Ordered mine from the same branch. Good to see that you got everything you should have with your car as well as a nice key ring. Hopefully I’ll get the same treatment when mine arrives.
I've not had any issues with the dealer. I like in East kilbride

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
I've not had any issues with the dealer. I like in East kilbride
That's good to hear. I'm from Glasgow and only ever seen two Formentors on the road, ironically both in the last week after I order one.

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
That's good to hear. I'm from Glasgow and only ever seen two Formentors on the road, ironically both in the last week after I order one.
Ive only saw 2 but one is a regular at the Morrison supermarket near me, think they work in a bar nearby. Theres also another user on here from just outside Hamilton. I love the car and cant fault it, had the odd glitch on the screen but nothing major like others have reported.

Reactions: Big A

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Ive only saw 2 but one is a regular at the Morrison supermarket near me, think they work in a bar nearby. Theres also another user on here from just outside Hamilton. I love the car and cant fault it, had the odd glitch on the screen but nothing major like others have reported.
Both that I've seen have been Magnetic Tech grey the same as yours, might even have been the same car as they were both seen within quarter of a mile of each other albeit on separate occasions. It may even have been yourself if you were in Glasgow in the last 7 days.

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
Well I finally seen another Formentor, a V2 in silver! it was parked next to me for a while at Goulding's Garden Centre, Clyde side, I watched as it drove away, and it was the 1.5 model like mine, it still had that horrible Yellow Arnold Clark on his tailgate window. :confused:
Bill

Reactions: steviekek and Big A

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Well I finally seen another Formentor, a V2 in silver! it was parked next to me for a while at Goulding's Garden Centre, Clyde side, I watched as it drove away, and it was the 1.5 model like mine, it still had that horrible Yellow Arnold Clark on his tailgate window. :confused:
Bill
The Arnold sticker will be the first thing to go when I take delivery of mine 😁

As a side note to the guys who got theirs from Cupra Glasgow, do the numberplates have "Arnold Clark" at the bottom of them or do they have something nice like "Cupra Glasgow"?

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
Bill
How's the car going Bill, any niggles?

QuarterBill

Mar 27, 2021
How's the car going Bill, any niggles?
Hi Steve
Like you I just get on with the touch screen, sometimes it's a wee bit slow other times it's fast. I do get a smile sometimes when I'm driving with my window open and a message comes up on the dash please close the window as it causes drag! A message came up on the infotainment screen today asking me what can I do for you? and what questions to ask the car! I didn't press the speech button? This car should have been called a Cupra Christen!! as it has a mind of it's own! But like you I love driving it and the fuel consumption is really good too, better than my last car, it must be because it shuts the fuel down on two cylinders on a light throttle.
Still got that touch locking fault even after the dealer updating the car to fix this. But it's still a hit or a miss if it works or not, but always works with the fob.

I will be at Stewartfield tomorrow about 10.00am if you are about, just look for an Old fat fellow with a beard driving a Cupra Formentor!

Cheers Bill

Reactions: steviekek