New car dealer discount or brokers?

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hello,

I’m considering buying a new Leon to replace my mk1 Leon. The 1.4 FR is my favorite at the moment.

Haven’t had a chance to get to the dealers yet, hope to do so this week.

Has anybody ever used brokers to purchase their new Leon? Drivethedeal looks to be offering that model at £1500 off list?

I might be a bit rusty at negotiation but last time I brought a new car I got around 10% of list – what’s a realistic discount to aim for, or am I likely to get the ‘sorry sir, can’t do any deals because its brand new model’ line?

I’d be interested to hear about anybody else’s experience?

Thanks.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Got my mk3 from a dealer. I didn't push overly hard though I got a few added extras for next to nothing. Not sure if every dealer works the same way. When I did sales simple rule was giving items only cost us cost but giving genuine pound notes off something hit the bottom line way more and not so inclined to do that.

DJ_Eatch

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Got a great deal on the 1.4 FR at the dealers today. They may not advertise great prices but you can often get extras for nothing, also much easier on the part ex side of things. Good luck.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Agreed,
I got an excellent p/x price, several extras at reduced cost, £1k finance deposit and 3yrs free servicing.

I was happy with the deal and love my new car!

Andy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.