New car with problems already..

stonemichael

Jan 27, 2013
Dunfermline, Fife
So yesterday i bought a 2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 Formula Sport very happy with the car, only done 50,000 miles.

Was in it today and everything was fine, then the service indicator came on then (!) light came on and the epc light is on and the engine management light is on to, then the battery died and my rear wiper doesnt work haha.

Im having a great day now. Anyone able to help? :)

Weedall

Ko4 = fun
Apr 5, 2011
Cheshire, UK
common at this time of year, due to the weather the battery is low on power, every light thats shown up is affected by this lack of power.

give the battery a good charge and it should be good again.

does the battery light show when you turn the igntion? if not then look at this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209472

hope you get it sorted,

then check when the last service was, resetting the service light is easy enough:
engine off
hold down the right dashboard button for approx 15 seconds (one to reset trip miles)
after 15 keep holding and turn on ignition but dont start
wait 5 seconds and start car

stonemichael

Jan 27, 2013
Dunfermline, Fife
the battery light does show up, i am getting it serviced tommorow thoug, just hoping that i dont get a pricey bill through the door if something hefty is wrong with it, needs a new front tyre aswell.

whats a good brand of tyres to get ?

mx0range

So yesterday i bought a 2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 Formula Sport very happy with the car, only done 50,000 miles.

Was in it today and everything was fine, then the service indicator came on then (!) light came on and the epc light is on and the engine management light is on to, then the battery died and my rear wiper doesnt work haha.

Im having a great day now. Anyone able to help? :)

im having a similar bad experience with my ibiza which i bought 6 months ago with similar mileage.. also a formula sport!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hum, 1.6mm on any tyre in wet and or cold winter weather is never going to work.
Take care and I hope our paths don't cross until you have newer tyres!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.