New Cupra Leon 2020 orders

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Has Anyone heard what the delivery times will be for the new Cupra?

Having seen some images I wonder if there will be a choice on wheel trim as one of the shots showed a complicated looking wheel. Not sure if that is just on hybrid model.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Be glad of that as that was looking like a show stopper for a deal on the new Leon
Wheels are easy to change though. If you don’t like the original wheels, you can swap them for a set you do like, keep the originals and put them back on the car when you sell it or (if leased) hand it back.

You can then sell the second set of wheels you bought to recoup some of your initial outlay. Good quality wheels in a desirable style and colour and in good condition are usually easy to sell.

I’ve done this on the last two VW’s I’ve owned.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
An idea. The new wheels with the copper effect will be harder to fix. Have managed to do fix on small dings on existing wheels.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Wheels are easy to change though. If you don’t like the original wheels, you can swap them for a set you do like, keep the originals and put them back on the car when you sell it or (if leased) hand it back.

You can then sell the second set of wheels you bought to recoup some of your initial outlay. Good quality wheels in a desirable style and colour and in good condition are usually easy to sell.

I’ve done this on the last two VW’s I’ve owned.
That's an option but I'd guess some people wouldn't want to get a brand new car then have to spend hundreds of pounds on new wheels and some folk might not have any where to store 4 off standard wheels. All SEAT need to do is fit good looking wheels as standard, it's not beyond the whit of man....
Personally I've got a garage I could store the OEM wheels in but why should I? I just wouldn't buy the car, it's not like it looks unique or any better than the competition. I'd rather just buy a car I don't need to swap the wheels on and for leasing I'd certainly not want to spend any money on new wheels. I guess if the lease cost is cheap enough you'd just live with the not so nice wheels.
The pricing of the new Leon and Cupra versions and the PCP/PCH deals to be had will most likely determine it's sales success.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
That's an option but I'd guess some people wouldn't want to get a brand new car then have to spend hundreds of pounds on new wheels and some folk might not have any where to store 4 off standard wheels. All SEAT need to do is fit good looking wheels as standard, it's not beyond the whit of man....
Personally I've got a garage I could store the OEM wheels in but why should I? I just wouldn't buy the car, it's not like it looks unique or any better than the competition. I'd rather just buy a car I don't need to swap the wheels on and for leasing I'd certainly not want to spend any money on new wheels. I guess if the lease cost is cheap enough you'd just live with the not so nice wheels.
The pricing of the new Leon and Cupra versions and the PCP/PCH deals to be had will most likely determine it's sales success.
Judging by how the LCR wheels look on both the ST and The hatch. I've not seen them in person but I have been told they are complete arse to repair.

Diamond cut alloys are annoying enough to refurb, but curb one of those copper coloured ones...
From what I have read elsewhere, someone had to refurb them and the copper bits are actually machined and then "clear" coated with a copper tinted clear coat. They were turned away by a number of wheel refurbing workshops because they didn't want to do it.

I would have thought the copper bits would be painted but apparently not.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Any kind of diamond cut alloy is a PITA. I would just get them powder coated, although I accept that means doing all four at the same time.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
VAG seem to have an obsession with fitting diamond cut alloys on most of their performance models - I don’t share that obsession though. In many cases, other wheels are offered as an extra cost option, but they’re usually also diamond cut!

It’s not just VAG though - many other manufacturers also seem to have the same obsession with diamond cut alloys.

If the car I wanted had diamond cut wheels, it wouldn’t stop me buying them. I’d just change them for something that in my opinion was better and more durable. In fact I’ve already chosen the wheels for my next car (VW), even though it’ll be many months before I change it, as the car I’m likely to get only comes with diamond cut alloys,

Reactions: Seastormer

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Any confirmation on the standard kit?

The bucket seats look great, not an option I've had on my last 2.

Wondering about the audio as well. My 280 had the standard audio which was ok until I heard what I was missing.

Current Cupra has beats. It's better than stock but not amazing.

Are beats still apart of the Cupra brand?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Any confirmation on the standard kit?

The bucket seats look great, not an option I've had on my last 2.

Wondering about the audio as well. My 280 had the standard audio which was ok until I heard what I was missing.

Current Cupra has beats. It's better than stock but not amazing.

Are beats still apart of the Cupra brand?

Final UK spec confirmation / pricing etc is going to be a few months off, as the new Leon has only just been released

Beats are still fitted to SEAT's so expect them to continue onto these cars.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Final UK spec confirmation / pricing etc is going to be a few months off, as the new Leon has only just been released

Beats are still fitted to SEAT's so expect them to continue onto these cars.
Thanks for the info

Are they still being fitted in the UK?

beats was only fitted on my leon cupra because they couldn't honour the seat sound that I originally ordered.

I was under the impression that WLTP prevented post WLTP buyers/leases to spec as an option.

I was hoping that beats would still be apart of the cupra brand so it would be fitted as stock to all new Cupra's (like the limited edition R).

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for the info

Are they still being fitted in the UK?

beats was only fitted on my leon cupra because they couldn't honour the seat sound that I originally ordered.

I was under the impression that WLTP prevented post WLTP buyers/leases to spec as an option.

I was hoping that beats would still be apart of the cupra brand so it would be fitted as stock to all new Cupra's (like the limited edition R).

They are fitted to the IBIZA FR I've been driving recently although looking at the press photo from the new CUPRA Leon the speaker's don't have the badge on them like they normally would.

speaker.JPG

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
They are fitted to the IBIZA FR I've been driving recently although looking at the press photo from the new CUPRA Leon the speaker's don't have the badge on them like they normally would.

View attachment 14912
Yeah I've seen them on some Ibizas. I thought they were special editions.

Ah ok. Good shout with the press photo.
The badge is the giveaway.
The beats is just a marketing gimmick but the extra speakers and the boot sub make a massive difference to the audio.