New Cupra noise when cornering

Maurizie

Jul 5, 2018
Hi guys, I picked up my new hatch a few weeks ago, done about 700 miles now and absolutely in love!

I've noticed this strange noise when I'm cornering quick ish or doing a quick lane change. It almost sounds like massive stones are crashing into the side of the car (Maybe they are and the doors just have absolutely no padding compared to my old golf). But it's happening on roads that aren't gritted and it doesn't look like there's much to really kick up off!

I changed lane yesterday and it made a bloody huge noise, sounded like there wouldn't be any paint left on the car!

Am I just being overly concerned?

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
A recording of the noise would be helpful. It could well be the time of year and roads at the moment being covered in salt/ loose stones and dirt (if you’re in the U.K.). As I said a recording would be good as it’s hard to imagine a noise like stones hitting the door as being anything but that.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I get this insanely loud screeching noise whenever I take a turn too, bloody annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PaulyM

silles

May 4, 2017
Hi guys, I picked up my new hatch a few weeks ago, done about 700 miles now and absolutely in love!

I've noticed this strange noise when I'm cornering quick ish or doing a quick lane change. It almost sounds like massive stones are crashing into the side of the car (Maybe they are and the doors just have absolutely no padding compared to my old golf). But it's happening on roads that aren't gritted and it doesn't look like there's much to really kick up off!

I changed lane yesterday and it made a bloody huge noise, sounded like there wouldn't be any paint left on the car!

Am I just being overly concerned?

it's not supposed to do that. mine 2 years old and no noise at all.

maybe wheels are rubbing the arches?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise