New FR 184 Owner

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Hi All!

Thought I would pop my head through and say hi!
Picking up my Black FR 184 DSG on Friday. Coming from a Audi A3 TDi (RIP)

Spec:
18" Performance Alloys
Tech Pack
Conv Pack
Interior LEDs
SSS

Have been reading through all the old/current posts on here in anticipation!
But if you have any advice for me it will be warmly welcomed.

Oliver

Last edited:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Make a check list and go through it on collection especially things that have cropped up on here. Try dents scratches additional brake light crack, etc. Take time before driving away. Sit in the car park after the official handover and go through it all: electrics, official recalls etc.
Then really enjoy that first drive

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Make a check list and go through it on collection especially things that have cropped up on here. Try dents scratches additional brake light crack, etc. Take time before driving away. Sit in the car park after the official handover and go through it all: electrics, official recalls etc.
Then really enjoy that first drive

Thanks for that, I've looked online and there doesn't seem to be any recalls on this model?
I will be anal about the paintwork and checking for damage...

What is the SEAT handover traditionally like?
I have experienced one from BMW and they send a while with you helping you get started....

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Cannily the recalls are not called that as they don't involve vosa. There are some on DSG gearbox and noise reducing measures AFAIK.
Handover is dealer dependent. Ask on here if anyone has experience of yours

Last edited:

Oliverr

Oct 27, 2014
Cannily the recalls are not called that as they don't involve vosa. There are some on Dec gearbox and noise reducing measures AFAIK.
Handover is dealer dependent. Ask on here if anyone has experience of yours

I see, will check those out then, mine is a 64 reg, not sure on what the build month was yet....

SMC motor group anyone??

Wheels

Oct 19, 2014
You and me both, Oliverr! Picking mine up tomorrow as well! Wishing you the best of luck. Hope all goes to plan and let's keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine!

gartner

Oct 25, 2014
Signing finance documents after work today and then collection tomorrow!! :clap:

You and me both, Oliverr! Picking mine up tomorrow as well! Wishing you the best of luck. Hope all goes to plan and let's keep our fingers crossed for some sunshine!

The best of luck to you both and enjoy the moment(s);). I picked up mine this Monday and I'm constantly having a lot more things to drive to than usually:D.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
it's astonishing how many times you will just have to pop out in the car to go somewhere/do something...and come back grinning like an idiot.
enjoy them, guys:)
Ales - still loving the Alor Blue ST?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise